3D Garbage Friend

3D Garbage Friend

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/seitoff.art/

I am pleased to present my project, inspired by the work of the amazing illustrator Markus Magnusson. He is soon releasing his NFT collection called Garbage Friends.
In my project, I have created an animated 3D version of one of his artworks

Animation

One of the crucial aspects of this project was the rigging of the character and its animation. I aimed to capture the distinctive walk cycle depicted in Markus Magnusson’s illustration. The result is a perfectly looped animation that brings the character to life, showcasing confidence and style.

Wireframe

Special attention was given to topology. All objects were modeled with subdivision and have cleen topology

This is how the project’s animation looks in the Graph Editor.
Literally every object in the scene is moving

3D line art version

2D original by Markus

I was truly inspired by Markus Magnusson’s creativity and sought to translate his artwork into a new format

49 Likes

Matcap

6 Likes

Darkmod ON

7 Likes

OMG! This animation is so smooth. Textures are so pleasant to look at.
Great job! Bravo!

1 Like

I’m really intrigued by how you managed to make those textures look so delicious. What’s the secret behind it? Was it the way you set up the lighting, some clever post-production techniques, or the addition of a substance painter?

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

No secrets. Textures are made entirely in blender, almost all procedurally. I used smart masks from Sanctus Library to save time. Lighting is not tricky either - 3 main sources, the rest are secondary sources to light up dark areas
Post-processing is one curve

Here is an example of the plastic body material

Light:

4 Likes

@Seitoff, you are amazing! Thank you so much. This is the true power of the Blender community!

And once again, I just want to remind you that you have made a remarkable art piece here. You can be proud of yourself!

1 Like

Thank you! You’re welcome

1 Like

WIP

Rig test

3 Likes

Just having fun

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

It looks incredible! Such beautiful textures and great animation! :slightly_smiling_face: :heart_eyes:

1 Like