3D Gun Model

Hello everyone, I have recently learnt the basics of modelling in blender and I’m new to all this 3D modelling stuff and blender is the first ever program I have used to make this, so here it is.

UV Mapped

Not UV Mapped

3D Gun Model in Edit Mode

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/jimmy7512/fnp9_2.jpg
Picture Reference

As you can see when textured the model looks cut up, maybe it is because I extruded the plane and I started with a plane rotated it so it looks flat and extruded it to the whole shape of the gun. For some reason when I try to extrude the cube I only am able to extrude the face not the whole thing, so I just went with the extruded plane and then selected it and extruded the whole thing to make it a bit thicker so does not look like a piece of paper.

Looks like flipped normals. Try Ctrl+N on the whole mesh after making sure that there aren’t any faces mucking about inside.

it could be a normals issue, but it kind of looks like vertex colors that have been rotated to me. I think that function is in the UV specials menu

Ah, I realised that I overlapped my polys many times and that is why it gives that kind of cut up effect on the model. Thanks for trying to help though guys.