3D Hair Brush | A blender plugin for making realistic hair

Hello everyone, this is the more popular hair plug-in created by our team to share with you. 3D Hair Brush, including 3D brushes with Pie Menu, Use Radius Curve, Use Diameter Random, and Hair Modifier, you can easily create realistic hair with so many features. If you are interested in the add-on, please click this link to learn more, :point_right:Blender Addon | 3d Hair Brush V3.2 - Modifier | Vfx Grace

3D brushes can distinguish complex muscle surfaces of models and provide artists with a wonderful experience of grooming hairstyles in Blender; With multiple well-designed brushes presets, it gives efficient solutions to making varying hairstyles;

Using Radius Curve makes it convenient for us to control hair shape;

Using Diameter Random makes it possible to randomize the thickness of hair in just one particle system.

Modifier gives us an opportunity to add modifiers layer by layer until we get a good result and it doesn’t destroy any hair shape we created before.

Several of the more popular features are briefly described here.

3D brushes

View more: 3D Hair Brush Instruction

Comb brush

When Preserve Root Length is unchecked, guides can be moved along the surface of geometries. If you want to move the guides away from the surface, you can select the default Comb brush.
3D Hair Brush v3.1 - Modifier - 1

3D Hair Brush v3.1 - Modifier - 2

Add Brush

3D Hair Brush v3.1 - Modifier - 5

Length Brush
Target Length: It’s the limit when the guides are lengthened or shortened.

3D Hair Brush v3.1 - Modifier - 6

Weight Brush
Increase, Decrease, Smooth: Modify weight smoothly
Strength: The strength of the weight brush.

3D Hair Brush v3.1 - Modifier - 8

Usage of Pie Menu

3D Hair Brush v3.1 - Modifier - 21

Modifier

View more: 3D Hair Brush v3.1 - Modifier tutorial

Modifier is Children based. And there are 3 common modifiers—Length, Clump, and Noise.

Length Modifier: used to modify the length of hair。

Noise Modifier: basically the same as Roughness.

Clump Modifier: It controls how much the clumping is.

3D Hair Brush v3.1 - Modifier - 32

Use Radius Curve

3D Hair Brush v3.1 - Modifier - 26

Links and contacts:

Link to the full version of the plugin:

Download free hair sample model:

Youtube:

e-mail: [email protected]

6 Likes

We are still researching and developing this plugin, if you are interested in this plugin, please feel free to leave us a message to discuss, any suggestions you provide for us, we are grateful. :grinning:

2 Likes

Do you have any tutorials that show how to apply this modifier to an object. All of the examples I see start with the hair already applied. I just purchased this addon and don’t have a clue as to how to start off using it.

Thanks for any help.

Hello! In this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_cDvzP7aTs&t) I explain you carefully how to use the modifier, you can learn how each parameter of the modifier works through this video, and in the user manual (https://docs.vfxgrace.com/3d-brush/4-1-modifier.html) I also give you a detailed description of what each parameter does, which is very necessary during the learning period. This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx-JdyTmyf8&t) on my Youtube channel is a complete example of how to create a haircut using the 3D Hair Brush, and you can check the link below the video (https://blendermarket.com/products/free-blender-project--short-female-hair--vfx-grace) for the full 75 minute example. You will see the complete process of making a hairstyle.
These videos will help you to use the modifiers to create effects in your projects. If you have problems using the addons afterwards, you can send me the problems you encounter and I will help you to solve the problems you encounter. Have fun with your work.

Thanks VFX_Grace,

I appreciate your response here and on the Blender Market. I purchased the 75-minute demo. I also replied to you on the Blender Market.

I look forward to the day I am able to use 3D Hair Brush 4.1

1 Like