3D Mech Concept

This was an exercise for a mech concept and I took an opportunity to learn sculpting to achieve the shape. Most of the details were just textures as my goal was mostly to bring the shape from concept. It was a great sculpting learning experience. It would be nice to hear some feedback or critiques on this work. This was done on blender and textured in substance painter.

71 Likes

nice proportions and shapes,maybe you should add more details to the head,for the eyes to be guided in that direction

2 Likes

Wow! Awesome. I like the clean and uniform texture with scratches :+1:

1 Like

That’s really cool !

One area of improvement is to give more size information, to better get the scale.

By looking at the textures and wire size, my bet would be that it’s human sized or a bit shorter than a human.

But the glass part in the face can also induce that this is a cabin with an human inside.

Adding more scale reference, either next to , like adding a car, a building… Or that can be done through the design, by adding human sized rivets, doors , handles , stuff like that can add a nice extra touch the the design.

Not that’s really needed, it works already very well, but hey, you ask for criticism don’t you ?

Welcome to blender artists by the way !

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. This will be very helpful for the next projects to come!

Wow! Thank you for the constructive feedback. It is definitely something I would improve.

Yes, its my first post.Thanks for the welcome.

1 Like

Hey,
Noce work man! do you have a picture of the wireframe please?

Sure, but I did not optimally retopo this as the main exercise was to create this type of shape and trying out sculpting and texturing.

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you very much its awesome! Have a wonderful weekend as well.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Excelent work :wink:
Can’t wait to see another robot, with more hardsurface detail in the topology :clap:
& congrats for being featured

1 Like