3D Realistic Render

I have made this 3D Product Render using HDRI and Area light. I want it to look more realistic what shall I do?

• Add tiny surface imperfections (look up roughness and normal maps)
  • Add an environment

Welcome!

I think the realism is mostly there. The main improvements you could do are all in the presentation.

Like adding a background or environment, or trying a fancier lighting.

The same material seems to have been applied to all parts.
In the case of actual goods, the materials above and below will be different. :thinking:

Thank you for the tip. What do you mean by fancier lighting ?

Yes its the same material top and bottom

Surface imperfections could work. Environment wont work as the image required is png with shadow

1 Like

The environment is the setting of the presentation…Is the Cream on the Bathroom Vanity or in a Studio scene?

Use an infinity plane for something to sit on …add an HDRI
Add detail lighting for Highlights or Rim Lights…
Go look at Commercial Presentations on the web…

2 Likes

If you light an object with a light source that’s coming from the camera’s direction, it can visually flatten an object. I would try moving the light a bit more to the side, try to create more of a gradient on the object.

If there are multiple light sources, maybe they could have slight color variations? Try making one light source slightly yellow and an other slightly blue for a natural lighting effect. Though keep it subtle, or it could look over dramatic.

I am not certain if these ideas will work, but I would certainly try them to see.

2 Likes

So a bit of a shameless plug, but just some basic lighting changes can make all the difference. Sometimes shadows aren’t a bad thing.

2 Likes