3DGURU's BWC 2009 entry

Hello mates

I have started working on my BWC09 entry …

the astronaut girl will be inspired by those two images …

an electronic white owl on her shoulder

here goes the magician

the guardian Anubis , WlP

what do you think guys ?

C&C are very welcome …

Attachments

if the blue sketch is going to be the final shot, I don’t get the composition: where’s the focus of the image? what is happening at the power points? by composition i dont mean blender’s compositor, i mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_(visual_arts) the structure and arrangement of the image.

sweet! this is gonna be good :slight_smile:

thanks papasmurf , what do you think now ?

thanks jeepster :smiley: .

Attachments

iirc, you’re a photographer, right? so if it were possible to take a picture of these people in your studio, would you arrange them and the shot this way? I would put your main character focal point centered more, and do something in the shot to draw them together. Right now it looks to me like three different, disjoint ideas. just imho.

surely this goes against the spirit and rules of the competition, you are reusing old work :no: I could also dig up old work and pretty much undermine all those that are making the effort to start from scratch.

Yah, I mean I’m willing to push it enough to allow people to use Make-Human, but this might be pushing it to far. It seems a little unfair to everyone putting in the effort to start entirely from scratch.

I will also agree, that, that aside, the image feels very disjointed. There doesn’t seem to be any sort of focal point, over riding theme or general organization. just going from what I’ve seen so far, it doesn’t seem like an image I’d enjoy looking at. Nothing against you, just being honest.

looks good so far.

Actually, I was asked this question via PM and stated that the rules of the BWC permit use of existing content, i.e. textures, models etc… but the “composition of the shot should be created for the BWC.”

The hardest part is coming up with a convincing idea that can be explained in a single shot, implementing this idea comes down to experience. I think people will find that pulling together content from different areas can be more challenging than creating it from scratch for the purpose of the competition. For this reason the BWC does not encourage this practice, and does not want to give the impression that the winning work will use pre-generated content.

To really stretch the rules it would be permissible even if not to the spirit of the competition to submit the following image: http://durian.blender.org/news/wip-of-an-environnement-concept-art-rejected/

Note: The BWC encourages people to push things such as matte painting and post production as it is a valid part of a professional pipeline.

papasmurf

iirc, you’re a photographer, right? so if it were possible to take a picture of these people in your studio, would you arrange them and the shot this way? I would put your main character focal point centered more, and do something in the shot to draw them together. Right now it looks to me like three different, disjoint ideas. just imho.

what do you mean by iirc ? , this can have a lot of meanings … <embarresed> .

what do you think of this new sketch ?

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6944/3dsketch2.jpg

surely this goes against the spirit and rules of the competition

i have PMed alltaken and he gave me the OK .

There doesn’t seem to be any sort of focal point,

can you evaluate the new sketch please ? …

just being honest.

i like honest people , thanks :yes: …

looks good so far.

thanks .

i have to ask , is the models quality good ?

let’s cancel the project ¿ .

Don’t give up!

I am very curious about your progress in this kind of art.

Yeah, keep going!