3dmagix..blender is that you ?

Wow, he used my gallardo, but its rendered with Indigo, now I’m starting to get pissed at this guy;).

SUE!!! His ASS!!!

We should probably take a collection to get one of his neighbors to punch him in the face for being such a d*ckweed.

edit: He is really glorifying the UI and workflow though! +1!
edit edit: I’m curious to see if he pinched the tutorials from other sources as well.

anybody with a WoT account I call you to just rate the site on WoT:

well here it is, the situation we’ve all wasted various threads about. How to get around the GPL - this just guy has just done a walk over forget going around! lol

I must admit this guy has poured heart and soul into the scam, just do a friggin word count! So what’s the Blender organisation going to do about it? it cant. theres no way it could.well… stop right there i’m saying NO.

ah the weakness of the GPL. :no:

I know it sounds stupid, but If you want any help from the GPL you’ll actually have to give in and get a (~90$) copy of his distribution to check weather it complies with GPL.
whichever way this guy has done his reasearch. no really!

what to do? nothing, you dont have to…
look you wount just splash 90$ the first website the words 3D on it. no you will reaserch and it’s almost certain that at some point you will come face to face with blenders home page.and the rest… :-D. well his business model just got cut short.

REQUEST: stop giving his site google ranking, remove the link! forget him, dont even mention the name of the site - leave him alone. let him drown in the dungeons of pages 192 of the google results. look unless you all got a solid case against him and can therefore asociate his site with the word ‘scam’ etc stop marketing him. lol:rolleyes:.

These people are the worst…taking advantage of the less informed…this is illegal. What are WE going to do about it…

So you lied to me … BLENDER IS NOT FREE… SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!

It was too good to be true… :no::no::no::no:

I’m quite serious, what can we do? I consider blender to be a"by the people for the people" sort of thing…this is every blender users responsibility IMO.

@hitechboy722: good point…I should have read before reacting…I am quite angry…the reaction time for the internet can be a dangerous thing.

well he could be sued and take the proceeds for blender funding.

Or you could donate the lawyer money to Blender right away :slight_smile:

or maybe the opposite; does googlebombing still work? it’d be ideal if googling for ‘3dmagix’ returned ‘did you mean blender?’

good point, but I’d still start by a bit less of an offensive tactic,
WoT is an awesome idea and I realy would suggest using it to anybody,
and do check out my last post as well with a link to the 3dma-whatever link on wot and rate on the sites trusty-ness…

Interesting. . .

Wow, this is brazen. Selling blender is something you can do, if you follow the rules carefully, but like others have said all that artwork seems to be used without respecting copyright or licensing terms.

The creators of the site could be a bit hard to track down, there’s nothing very useful in the whois entry for this site.

Searching for blender and 3dmagix together throws up some interesting results. There’s a Yahoo Answers page where someone asks for a recommendation and picks 3dmagix over blender :frowning:

There are a few hints on the site as to where all this came from. On page www.3dmagix.com/3dreview.htm all the images are hosted on wwlgroup.com/images/. That directory contains some other images of free software being marketed (again, not necessarily a problem if licensing is respected). The wwlgroup site has a whois entry with contact information that may or may not be relevant: see whois.domaintools.com/wwlgroup.com - it is important not to jump to conclusions though.

The guy has done such a good job on the website that I feel like switching 3D-Magix right. With testimonials, this lends even much more credibility. Sadly I lack the necessary funding for the switch-over.

Ya’know i could sell bottled spring water by running tap water through a britta filter kettle, most people wouldn’t tell the difference, i might even get away with it.

“Qns: I have more than 1 PC. Can I use it on other computers?
Yes, the license allows you to use it on as many PC’s as you like.”

Who wants to buy it and pirate it?

LMAO I love how he cropped the menu bar out of all of the screenshots. Had he left them there, we’d still see the Blender logo in the top left. Actually, it would be interesting to see what he’d replace the logo with.

Truly pathetic.