3rd May Avenue Office Park

Hi! I’d like to present to you my third personal project.
It’s my conceptual office building proposal located next to the Błonia Park in Cracow - one of the largest city centre meadow in Europe. Design of the office complex refers to polish interwar modernism, which is dominant in neighbouring buildings, but it’s also a link between them and the natural shape of Jordan’s Park.

Behance page with the project: behance.net/gallery/144873441/3rd-May-Avenue-Office-Park
IG Page: instagram.com/dlugosz.illustrating/

Technical information:
PC Spec: 3950X, 96GB ram, RTX3090
Blender 3.1, Cycles, ACES Color Space, max. 5K resolution images rendered on RTX3090, 1-1.5K samples per image with scrambling distance option enabled.
Postproduction: Photoshop
Lighting: HDRI Only
Addons: Photographer, Scatter 5.1, Graswald Library I/II, Real Snow

Feel free to comments and questions :slight_smile:

EDIT: As I mentioned few weeks ago, I made making-of article about this project and today it was released!
You can find it here: biznes-wizualizacji.pl/wiedza/3rd-may-avenue-office-park-making-of-wizualizacje (texts in polish language)

140 Likes

Very Impressive Archviz adrian!

1 Like

Amazing project! Glad to see top notch archiviz renders made with Blender and Cycles.

May I ask which HDRI you have used for this series? Especially 3MAO_1P and 3MAO_4P.

3 Likes

One more question. I noticed that you used the ACES colourspace. I’m looking into it myself and I’m wondering what your feeling is towards it. Does it contribute significantly to your end result and the overall feeling of the image?

2 Likes

Thank you! Glad to see to be appreciated by another great artist!
All images are lighted with maps from 3DCollective.
1P - 3DCollective_HDRi_072_2023, but with lowered gamma to 0.8, and with some postproduction changes to make image more idyllic.
4P - 3DCollective_HDRi_073_0918, but with lowered gamma to 0.85

I’m prefer ACES, because in my opinion Filmic produces flat highlights, kind of grayish.
I feel like ACES images contains more shadow/highlights informations. They’re more saturated and contrasted straight from render output.

8 Likes

Thanks mate!

I’ll definitely check out those HDRI’s, they give fantastic natural results in your work.

And good to know your feeling about ACES. I’ve heard similar stories before but I always backed away from it due to the somewhat difficult integration of it within Blender. I would love to hear if you got some tips for implementing the ACES work flow into Blender! Your work convinced me enough to give it a try in an upcomming project.

4 Likes

Awesome beautiful renders but the exterior side of the building is ugly :smile:

1 Like

Well… Hurtful, but at least renders are awesome :smiley:

Please don’t take it too serious. I just mean almost all office building looks the same. Like soulless cubes.
Maybe some regional architecture style would make them look more interesting.
The worst case is this

I get it, it was a joke :smiley:

Omg… absolutely beautiful. I want to go there!!

1 Like

Amazing. Fantastic job. :100:

1 Like

great work!
beautiful images.
I really like lighting and materials details.

I have a question about ACES.
I’ve used it as test for a personal project (exterior and interior house rendering).
I agree with you about how ACES manages better the lighting and the overall colors.
My question is how do you manage all the textures considering that you used also some 3d models library that (probably) are not set for ACES ?
The main issue with ACES and Blender integration is that I had to set every texture node with the right color correction profile setting. It was a big time consuming task, boring and prone to the error.
How did you do?

thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

1 Like

In short answer: You can render all images in Blender in raw, SRGB color space. Filmic or ACES is applying in the viewport, so you can apply any color space on any 32bit image. Well then, you don’t have to change all your library/textures. Simply, you rendering image without any color space to 32bit multilayer exr and you can apply ACES color space in postproduction/compositor, like in second instance blender with ACES color space installed or in Fusion/Nuke (I think, because I never tried, but I heard about that :D) and from there export all yours needed passes with ACES applied.
Find “convert srgb to aces” on YT/Google and there is a lot of informations about that.

3 Likes

So, you used Blender without any ACES profiles installed.
then you rendered and saved images in EXR and applied ACES later as postproduction.
Correct?
If yes, I haven’t clearly understood how you managed the viewport.
I mean that the rendered viewport is useful as you have preview of the final rendering but if you have a different color profile, what you see is not what you’ll get after the post production.
How did you manage this?

1 Like

Very impressive! Kudos!

1 Like

Correct.
I have one regular blender with FILMIC color management to production and rendering and second with ACES color management to postproduction :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

I just want to say that your renders are breathtakingly beautiful. Technically impeccable, I might only suggest a slight depth of field on the second image, because the tree on the left gives itself away a little bit as a model, compared to all the rest. But I only saw that type of quality from the top professionals like Dbox, who use the best proprietary software and assets. The fact that this is possible in Blender is a revelation to me. I mean, I use Blender, I render in Cycles, I struggle with Filmic… Never heard of ACES before. Jumping into it immediately. Good luck with your career, and thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind word! I would never compare my work to DBox quality, so thank you for that comparing - that’s mean a lot for me!
I’ll keep in mind those DoF things. I’m very cautious about that, but it can be also strong reception medium. Because lack of my “real photographer” experience, like with DSLR and different lens, I’m not quite sure how some things would look in real life. So that thing is which I’ll try to learn, understand and practise.
If you would like to go deeper in my workflow and methods, so I was asked to write “making of” article of this project. It will be released in polish language, but in times with all of those great translator I don’t think it’s problem :slight_smile:
I’ll notice when it will be released.

4 Likes