4 Noobish questions...

Hello! :slight_smile:

I’m still a noob so I got a few questions I was wondering if someone here could help me out ^^

1. when I addeda item into the UV mapping, it seemed like it had been stretched somehow… sizing it helped some, but it still seemed very stretched out…

Kinda like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0oIX…eature=related

if you look at 1:24 in that video, you’ll see that his gun is also kinda stretched… how did he configure that? That aint just using “scale”… he said in the video "Align and scale it so it fits…? How do i align? :confused: Would be very nice if you could tell me how to do that! :slight_smile:

1. Where can I find the “merge center” button? Lets say I remove something that makes a “hole”, how can I merge it so it becomes solid?

2. You know those small dots that comes when you press CTRL + R, the line comes and so on… I wonder if it is possible to add those small dots without having to make a whole line of dots, if I just want 1 dot in a specific line or something…

and finally… 4) How do I merge… lets say I have 2 boxes to count as 1 box… Lets say I have 2 current boxes are being moved one at a time, but now I want to be able to move them at the same time.

Thanks! :slight_smile: Sorry for the noobish questions

1. To align is I suppose to grab the poligons and move’em to the right place, then hit S to scale followed by X (the axis you want it to be scaled about).

2. In 2.53 use CTRL+V and there you find Merge, which in turn has the Center option.

3. Those dots are (probably) vertices, cause in vertex mode. Well, I understand what you mean, but I think that’s quite difficult to do in Blender, cause from my experience I take it Blender is a very practical program, meaning things have to make sense. If you add a dot (vertex), it needs to be connected to something, so that the mesh is somehow volumetrically valid, spatially speaking.

4. You mean like in animation? Or just move in the 3D View? To move in 3D View, select one and SHIFT select the other to move’em together.

Hope that’s been helpfull.