5MB limit for video uploads is a little low

thats a bit low … it becomes exceedingly hard to post my videos here, can you up the limit to 10MB ?

Can you contribute financially to the site so the existing burden of hosting 1 TB of content and counting can be less of a financial drain on the people running the site?

i didnt know this was a problem for the biggest blender site on the web for artists to upload their stuff , i bet you could easily get some sponsors (disney, epic, netflix ??? )

in the economy right now thats probably a no for most people, i already have 2 jobs so i can feed my kids, sorry …

so how do i EMBED mp4 from another site? i dont wanna se this site go down becasue the traffic gets too big

test

edit: ok this is linked from discord … i just made a private channel where i can upload anything … copy videolink and put ![with_sound|video] before it …

could be a disclaimer

please add a video button to the texteditor , this wil make things easier … i bet most people dont know how they would do this without such a button.

be aware that people would like to post videos in 1440p or 4k or something which isnt just 10 seconds long

You don’t need to do thisl; just adding the URL on its own line will do the trick same for YouTube, Vimeo, Sketchfab etc.

2 Likes

test

ok lol , works as you say

test h265

test av1

Are you look at the Container or the Codec ???

The H265 can still be an mp4, m4k, avi etc…

And remember - the problems are almost always caused by Disqus, not this site.

You can upload such a vid to youtube, and post that link here.

thats what my last test was for … that video is over a minute, for these wip videos i dont want to use my youtube account , i just upload to a private channel on discord (max. video size 25MB ) with av1 codec , that will suffice (for most things h264 is ok but not for longer videos ) and then paste the direct video url here.