60 keyboard

Hello. I am NARZ, a designer based in Seoul, South Korea.:kr:

Following the previous keyboard, I made a 60% keyboard this time. I spent a lot of time recreating various plastic materials. :face_with_spiral_eyes:
With Blender 4.2 beta, I was finally able to utilize the ‘thin film’ feature and experimented with it extensively. I’m so happy about it.

Making variations of the 60% keyboard frame wasn’t difficult, so I made many frames. But strangely, the most ordinary shape looks the best and appeals to me the most. I’ve been thinking a lot about why that is and trying to find a plausible reason. :thinking:

I’m actually utilizing Blender for keycap design. The products are being manufactured and sold in China. :cn:
A manufacture name is ‘KEY HOUSE’. :pray: :heart_eyes:

This time, I only participated in the Korean font design, but next time I’ll share a product that I designed entirely.

(All the objects appearing in the scene are ones I created previously.)

39 Likes

The grain looks crisp af and the subsurface warrm and believable, congrats!

And the cork! I wonder how you did that one?

6 Likes

Thank you so much for appreciating the project. :heart_eyes: :pray:
I used these free textures.
I added shaders in a procedural format to make up for the lacking parts.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you for appreciating my 3D project. mr. bart veldhuizen.
your support means a lot to me. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

thank you mr.bartv :heart_eyes:
It’s a great honor and achievement for me to have my project included in the ‘featured’ list.
:partying_face:

1 Like

it looks superb!! how did you create that plastic material, it looks so good.

1 Like

Good job! Bump at the edge of the legends is a little intense. Doubleshot legends are flush with the rest of the surface (So only has a little dip of a seam) and dyesub doesn’t have a bump at all.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. :heart_eyes:I believe the Cycles engine has some advantages over Eevee in implementing plastic materials, so I recommend using the Cycles engine for implementation. I also suggest trying out the thin film settings in the 4.2 beta version :+1:

1 Like

Thank you. I immediately realized that you are a keyboard enthusiast because your advice is so accurate. :wink: In fact, the yellow legends are not double-shot. This image was created to showcase a new engraving technique to a Korean keyboard community (similar to Reddit).
I completely understand what you’re saying because macro shots of double-shot keycaps have already been very helpful to me as references.