A abstract thing... (Now updated!!! Comments please!!)

Hi guys.
I modelled this in approxemately 10 minutes.
But the render time was one and a half hours.

It’s one of my first renderings, but I think it’s not bad.

[EDIT]OK. I rendered it again and I think, you can see the raytracer better now. The rendering time for this one was not so long. It rendered 20 minutes or so.
Maybe I’ll add a new background today and upload it tomorrow.

So…

here it is:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/chaosblender/Pictures/Thing2.jpg

Abstractacular for an early rendering!
Im suprised the rendering time was 1 1/2 hours though. I would have guessed at most a minute.
Did you use the raytracer, yafray, or the default scanline?

Ian

I did it with the built-in Blender-Raytracer.

That still seems like a long time to render. You must have a worse computer than me (I didn’t think such a thing existed.) I didn’t even realize it was ray-traced. I can’t imagine it looking terrible different if you cut out the raytracer and just gave it a high spec.

Hey guys,

please give some Comments and/or critics.

Mesh: either make it more angular or more perfectly curved.

perfectly curved may better suit the context.

I’d be a smartass, crop it to sort of 16:9 lookalike blackbars, print and frame it and giveaway for someones birthday :stuck_out_tongue:

To look at it, I wouldnt know why the render took so long. But i will venture a guess. Looks like you MAY be using reflections and some refraction. However, they really arent noticable enough to make the 1.5 hour render time worth it.

Neat. How did you make it? Any special techniques or just fun modeling?

To look at it, I wouldnt know why the render took so long. But i will venture a guess. Looks like you MAY be using reflections and some refraction. However, they really arent noticable enough to make the 1.5 hour render time worth it.

You’re right. I used some reflections. But as I said, the render time for the updated picture you see above was about 20 minutes. I will add some background, so you can see the reflections better.

Neat. How did you make it? Any special techniques or just fun modeling?

Nope, I didn’t use any special technique. I modeled it just for fun while experimenting with BezierCircles and BevOb.

I actually like works like this - they have a certain movement while being fairly simple in essence.

It really looks pleasing to my eye anyway.

I really liked your work for the “Light” weekend challenge as well. It also has that undefinable pleasing quality about it.

Regards
Caleb

:-? Which “Light” weekend challenge?
This is my first picture i’ve shown in the elysiun forum.
:-?

Oooops - sorry.
Mixed up your name.