A challenge for me

I am getting back into blender, but I need a goal. To make any progress, I need a goal to look forward to, have an idea of what to do, and challenge myself. Could you give me a list of challenges such as making a model of such-and-such.

I prefer staying in modelling right now, then other stuff like UV mapping,animation, etc. Currently, the most complex thing I could make is a textureless pawn.

I challenge you to animate ManCandy with a walk cycle…

If modelling is your comfort zone, try something new. Animation is not that hard and very exciting.

Alltaken

make a near photoreal scifi gun with cool effects! :smiley:

If you feel risky, follow the BSoD character animation tutorial.

If not, then try making a house or car.

I actually want to get into blender for the animation part, but I thought I had to get the modelling down first. I am more then willing to go straight to animations. I need to reread some animation tutorial, but I think I could find them easily, but where could I find the ManCandy with out buying ‘ManCandy FAQ’ (which I might purchase in the near future)

http://freefactory.org/posts/candy-for-everyone

I actually want to get into blender for the animation part, but I thought I had to get the modelling down first.

No, in fact it’ll help your modeling to try animation. You’ll see why certain edgeloops are used, when you see the difference in deformations, for one :slight_smile:

you should take a look at the challenges&contests section of the forum, like the week-end contest’s for an example, maybe…? :smiley:

make a full lenth feature film with a total budget of 0 quid:D lol

just think of something you RILLY want to make, no matter how ambitions it seems at first, then give it your best shot.
or if you only want do do modaling, join somebodys project as a 3d modaler.

I understand your joke about ‘0 quid’, but I wonder how many people know what quid is.

Yes, Animation first and then modelling is just as powerfull as modelling then animating.

If you learn modelling first you will become very structured with your modelling.
If you learn Animation first you will likely become very Free with your modelling.

Either way is fine, but just coming from different directions.