A couple of problems

I’m using the blender game engine in version 2.66 and Ive found some problems. In the game engine my player character has no gravity, it doesn’t fall to the ground as it is supposed to do when the game engine starts and when I press W to walk forward the PC walks through the walls. I will appreciate any help I can get and thank you.

I fiddled around and found that I can set the player to dynamic and the wall to static and that makes the player have gravity but I still walk through walls

it took me three days but I finally hit on the correct solution, I had to put the tile on static and change the PC from dynamic to character. this solution left me with another problem, My PC goes through the wall when walking backwards.

Thats weird, Npc’s/Object can be set to any Physics depend on the concept.
Static for Buildings(lowpoly) and Ground with Mesh as the collission.
Npc’s and Modified objects can be set as Dynamic or Character both are master Parrent.
The Wall probably not set the Physics yet (but by default is Static) or in a different physics layers.

this is the kind of things Range/UPBGE cruelly lacks : A handbook explaining all the tricks. The official documentation never talk about those kind of issues.

In your case, i think it’s because your PC (with “Character Physics”) probably does use some animation to move along or anything else than the appropriate motion actuator set to “Character physics”

Also, ensure that your wall do have working collision. You can test it by simply position your PC above the wall and start the game . The gravity will drop your PC and you gonna see if the collision works in the first place.

How do I check to see if the wall is in another physic layer?

I tried putting my PC above the mesh and starting the game. my PC landed in top of the tile so the collision is there.

In physics tab, named collision group, and collision mask. Make sure all the physics objects has the same group just by Click the square button.

the walls are all set to static it is the only one that stops my PC from falling through the floor but I still go through the walls when moving backwards.

did you notice this part ? If you “animate” the localization of your character (play an animation) to have your character moving around, it’s normal it bugs and goes through walls. You need to use the motion actuator with the physics set on “Character”

post a little video or share your file.

cave tileset.blend (2.7 MB)

I didnt pack the textures , sorry but I am just getting back into blender after several years away.

cave tileset.blend (3.1 MB)
trying to pack the textures. I hope this works.

it worked.