A few issues I came across

Howdy, folks.

Just figured out that Bazaar is on WordPress CMS engine. Would post some issues from time to time, if find something.

What have found for now:

1. On a single listing page, at the “Related” section, there’s a gap between first and second posts. It happens (as I see it) only if the third element isn’t exist.

Ways to solve the problem.

In inspector there’s a space-between value set for justify-content property of “.justify-content-between” class. If removed, the issue then disappears, but there’s an “!improtant” value at the end. Suppose it works not only on that page, but somewhere else. So, in order to avoid any conflicts, you can add a “.single” class before the “.justify-content-between” one, thus, make an indicator that this rule should be only applied to single pages.

Here’s an example of the code:

.single .justify-content-between {
    justify-content: unset
}

P.S. If won’t help, try to add an “!important” to the very end of “unset”.

1. On a homepage, the logo in the header is clickable. As far as I know from SEO rules, it should be clickable only on inner pages, but not on the front one. Same goes out to the logo in the footer.

Hope that helps

Sincerely yours,
Goorman

Good looking out :slight_smile:

So, with the first issue, that’s (justify-content-between) a Bootstrap class, it’s being dynamically set by Bootstrap at runtime, and we can’t change it. I mean, we could override it, but I’d rather not break Bootstrap. Honestly, I think the gap is fine, it’s intended Bootstrap behavior. If Bart wants, I’ll look into it further.

To your second- I think this depends on the “rules”, so to speak, at the marketing agencies I’ve worked for the SEO teams always require the homepage logo and footer logo to be linked. I’m not sure it’s a huge deal either way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d override this one anyway, because that gap looks kinda weird, but it’s just my opinion. WordPress has its custom CSS editor that is located under CustomizeCustom CSS section. So I think it wouldn’t take much time to add that line to it :slight_smile:

As for the second one, I am not a SEO expert anyway, but from what I know, it should be unclickable in order to avoid duplicate links or something like that. But if it’s not, then so be it.

Hmm, this is the first time I’ve seen that happen and because of that I don’t feel we should start adding exceptions to how we use bootstrap - it’ll cause problems in the long term.

I don’t think that’s correct; I’ve worked with SEO experts and they never raised that issue.

1 Like

It’s okay, I just try to avoid bootstrap or any other frameworks for such reasons.