A Free Blender Material Library For All

Hey

I’ve been putting together something that i think might be helpful for some of you— a free library of blender materials over at blendermats.com

Its a bit time-consuming to build up a decent material library from scratch. So, I thought it’d be fun (and hopefully useful) to put together a collection of materials that anyone can grab and use for their own projects—no strings attached.

There’s a mix of materials in there, from wood to metal to even some planet materials. I’m constantly adding new ones too, so hopefully there’s something for everyone.

Feel free to check it out, and if you have any feedback, material requests, or ideas on how I can improve it, I’d love to hear from you! I’m not a big company or anything, just someone who’s passionate about Blender and thought this would be a cool way to give back to the community.

Let me know what you think or if you end up using any of the materials in your projects. I’d love to see what you create!

Cheers!

Most of them are full materials, not just static textures. You can tweak and modify, add your own touch to make them yours.

4 Likes

this feels like a blender specific reskin of an older site that offered PBR textures

https://blendermats.com/all_assets/Planets/Moon8kHighRes.blend

Downloads are being served as plain text instead of triggering the web browser’s download file behaviour.

What makes your assets better than the other libraries out there?

Works fine for me. I think it’s just your browser

content type text/plain. I won’t be the only person experiencing this issue.

Works here too… And if you do not press the download button but right click → Save as… ??
This also works for me with another material.

2 Likes

Regardless of any technical issues it’s a hell of a nice offer and should be appreciated as such.

I also got text via the download button, however right clicking and using save as was a quick fix (as Okidoki mentions).

its fixed now

2 Likes

Thanks,
the download issue is fixed now by the way

1 Like