A Full Stain Glass Window

I am gonna give this project a rest for a bit its mostly done but i would like to iorn out the faults and add some more life to the scene.

this is what i belive to be a new technique it casts on to the floor (and any other serface) no python involved (but it would have helped).
im also going to make the beams of light more vissible.

4 1/2 days modeling 1 day everything else.

errrrrr any coments welcome just remember its not finished yet.

Very nice. Breathtakingly realistic!(that is, next to my pictures :wink: )

Very nice!

I’m trying to think of a way to add convincing dust motes to the air, as I think they would add a great deal of atmosphere to your picture. But I’m coming up blank.

1. pofo

ive got an idea for dust but im gonna give this project a rest for a bit (a few weeks).

oh the idea

texture the “lamp” with a cloud tex with emit on which is parented to an empty (that moves)

For dust

place a particle emitting mesh outside of visible area emitting particles inside.

Use large dull colored halos very transparent.

Image is nice, even if glass is too flat. Stained glass tipically is more uneven, maybe a stuccy bumpmap.

I think I can recall seeing something similar on eeshlo site. Is your technique related to that?

Stefano

wow that is beautiful… a tute on how u did it perhaps?

Very nice :slight_smile:
One thing though: the motif is christian, but the window architecture is islamic :wink:
(no, that is not histocally wrong (southern Italy and Sicily fe. had a large christian and muslim population in the middle ages… the architecture loaned a lot from the muslims, and several mosque-like churches were built)).
I just thought to point it out :slight_smile:

Only Sicily, the rest of southern Italy remained in control of the ‘Barbarians’ (Dukes of Spoleto and Benevento, Longobards)

Spain had a lot of Arabic influences in those days too.

I would say that only the frame design is slightly arabic, the larger stuff inside the window (errrr Lack the english terms) are fairly gothic.

Stefano

One thing though: the motif is christian, but the window architecture is islamic

err sorry to corect u but the window is modelled starait from my local catherdral the kind of famous llandaff cathedral.

i dont like the design of the window its to childish im goona take a pic of the window in the cathedral and start over in a month or so.

I think I can recall seeing something similar on eeshlo site. Is your technique related to that?

whats his sight ill have a look as far as i know im the first to do this but it wouldent suprise me if someone tryed it before

eeshlo tchnique is ver different to mine

eeshlo technique is slightly easier than mine and lets u use any picture easily but it has rendering artifacts

my technique is harder but is more felxible and can have an object “in” the volumetric light. but is limited in the window designs i can use.