A Little Bit Of Animation Logic Brick Help

ok, so i have two animations. one is the character standing there that is supposed to only be playing when none of the buttons are pressed. the other is him running that is supposed to play when i press the up button. but, i can’t get it to work. i have the logic bricks set up with an “Always” sensor for the standing animation and a “Keyboard” sensor for the running animation. i know this is completely wrong, but i really don’t know how to do it.

Also, how do i have a jumping/falling animation for when he’s in the air and it only goes back to his normal stance when he’s touching the ground? thanks for any help.

Post a .blend maybe?!

oh, right. i didn’t think i’d need to post one, but here it is.

http://www.filefront.com/14104325/character.blend

Using an Always sensor and the up key should have worked …

???
zymn, the character in your file works perfectly?!
Where’s the problem?

weird, it didn’t work for me before. thanks for the help Hunter.

umm… any help for my second question?

If you have your animations for jumping and falling available, include them in the .blend and add the Action actuators for them and I will do a basic setup. You should also add an empty at the feet of your character and parent it to the object. It will be used to determine if the character is standing on ground.

ok, here you go. i think i set it up right.

http://www.filefront.com/14109921/character.blend

I hope that this will help. I tried to explain everything in the script that was added. If you have any questions, I will try to help after work.

it doesn’t seem to be working for me. he just stays in the air and moves up if i press the spacebar. i think you may have forgot to include something about the True and False hit detection…

It works for me, I am using Blender 2.49a and Python 2.6.2. When you hit space, your character should jump and then go into a falling animation while descending slowly.

oooh ok. i guess now would be a good time for me to update… i’m still using 2.48. i’ll give it a try after i update.

edit: alright, updated and it works. thanks. but would it still work if i have a bounding box for the actual player movement?