A message to the youth of today...

Alright, folks, I can understand pants being at a comfortable height. But when we start to see leg, you’re taking it a little too far.

And to the old people-

You don’t need your pants pulled up to your armpits. I know they stay on better resting above your gut . . . but COME ON! Your junk has got to be killing you!

I ain’t complaining:

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4278/thongsa0056tw.jpg

These young 'uns can keep their pants as low as they want IMO ;).

How do you know, maybe some girls find a little ass crack sexy. I’m pretty sure gay guys do at least.

The whaletail.
The WORST invention EVER to set foot on the face of this planet.
And I’m straight.
P

I’d rather worry about “more important things.” I honestly don’t see the reason you’re offended by this stuff. If people want to look retarded, let 'em. But that’s just me. And for the record, I wear my pants “the right way.”

On your head?

They did.

Generalization of the worst kind.
There has always been popular music and always will be.
Britney Spears will have existed whether Blues was invented or not.
It might have sounded different, but still.

Funny, my granddad had to wear his older brothers clothes too when he was young.
I believe low waist pants were also part of the deal.
I had to wear stuff that used to belong to my sisters, can you imagine that?

Nevertheless, you can see atheists wearing a shirt saying “Jesus is cool”, people wearing Hitler smileys, so does anyone care where the baggy trousers come from?
P

Name a few then! No they did not. Not real ones anyway. Just a few. Mostly guys that are sponored by the emperor, and even then they only phylosophized about the misery of mankind and such depressing superficial stuff. There were poets though. But non could reach the level of Homer. Read the history of the Roman Empire on wikipedia or something. It is very interesting.

It sounds like you are a fan of Britney Spears. OK, I give up. She has soul. She is original. She is better than Areta Franklin. She is the queen… no… emperess …NO… Godess of POP, RnB, Rock 'n Roll, Disco, Rave, Opera and what not. She is the one that will show the black culture what music is about. She’s white, she’s blond, but don’t let that fool you, her hips are looser than a Brazilian Samba dancer. She’s bigger than Vanilla Ice. Here style is soooooo unique, nobody can and will ever be able to imitate her. I have all of her 50 albums she ever released. Trully the biggest artist of all time. We should put her on the next shuttle flight, whether she want it or not.

lol…this thread is very amusing…from pants to…GREAT CIVILIZATIONS!

Cicero, Marcus Aurelius (the philosopher king), Seneca, Musonius Rufus…

Even a lot of the greek philosopher came from the colonies <roll eyes>

Although it is true that hardship makes one seek escapism and can force an entire community to adopt alternative ways of life and mannerisms, it’s not the only recipe for spawning popular culture artefacts.

Marcus Arelius is a phylosopher, I grant you that, but Seneca is the equivalent of Quintin Tarrantino. He’s no real phylosopher IMO like Plato, Aristoteles, Pyramidius or Democrates.

The Roman Empire collapsed in part due to their counting system. As there is no way to represent zero in Roman numerals, they had no way of properly terminating their C programs.

just a note to those who wear their pants around their ankles:
you may find it comfortable, but actually pants have to be held up by something, so, if not your waist, your hips. you are putting alot of pressure on a big nerve called the psyadic nerve ( not sure how that’s spelled ) that runs along your hip. so in the long run you may be actually causing yourselves discomfort. :stuck_out_tongue:
that aside, i don’t want to look at some kids ass crack every time i go downtown. %|

no,

REAL REAL men wear loin cloths, and swing from tree to tree using the every so handy vines.

:D[/quote]

oh yea, the girls love that.

:stuck_out_tongue:

My sig in another forum.

“What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?”
– Plato

HA! Thats a great quote.

I second that! I was mistaken with Homer, but indeed, Plato said that.

Hear, hear.

…15, and I cant even stand all those damn kids. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm… “RealMen SweatPants?”

The kitchen sponge is already taken. So what would this ISCC (Inane Stupid Cartoon Character) look like?

Butt-cracks are definitely “out,” but what about pot-bellies?

(How about a little unofficial “weekend competition?”) :wink:

I used to be equally enraged about this phenomenon…then i began to ask myself exactly why it was that I found it so annoying…I wasn’t really able to answer that question for myself so I just sort of dropped it. Instead, I find myself getting a lot of humor from it since, from an aesthetic and practical view, it looks foolish. But hey, if some kids wanna be fools, thats fine with me.

So, while I’m not trying to prove you “wrong,” I am curious as to why it is that you really don’t like this. The obvious answer is “I don’t want to see any one else’s ass crack!” However, since I’m consider myself the curious and philosophical type, I would ask you why seeing another person’s ass crack is so offensive. Society has developed an odd sort of disgust with certain parts and types of the human form and I find that odd. While I can share some of your opinions regarding what is “gross” to look and and what is nice to look at, I still wonder why it is that we bother holding those opinions when, to me, they seem to be baseless. Is it purely an aesthetic thing?

And for the record, Marcus Aueralis was bad-ass!