A new fork of the engine

Hello,
Im using Logitech Extreme 3D, upbge python request for:
logic.joystick[0].axisValues
Resulting only x and y value working…
[x, y, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0]
… without trim and trust.
Latest gamecontrollerdb.txt have no effect.

I inspected the mapping for Logitech extreme 3D and it is only mapped with one axis:
030000006d04000015c2000010010000,Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D,a:b0,b:b4,back:b6,guide:b8,leftshoulder:b9,leftstick:h0.8,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b10,rightstick:h0.2,start:b7,x:b2,y:b5,platform:Linux,

The possible solutions is that you map again your controller using tools that i point here (https://github.com/UPBGE/blender/wiki/New-Game-controller-system) or maybe you can modify the gamecontrollerdb.txt including the additional axes:
030000006d04000015c2000010010000,Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D,a:b0,b:b4,back:b6,guide:b8,leftshoulder:b9,leftstick:h0.8,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b10,rightstick:h0.2,start:b7,x:b2,y:b5,rightx:a2,righty:a3,lefttrigger:a4,righttrigger:a5,platform:Linux,

The axes in a xbox360 are:
Left stick --> leftx:a0,lefty:a1
Right stick --> rightx:a2,righty:a3,
Gun shoulder triggers --> lefttrigger:a4,righttrigger:a5

If you make it work please, send me the mapping to include it in future versions.

2 Likes

Thanks lordloki76

Sorry for the late update. Got it working yesterday, you’ve already taught me about this last year:
Here’s my gamecontrollerdb with hat created in datafiles/gamecontroller

030000006d04000015c2000010010000,Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D,a:b0,b:b4,back:b6,dpdown:h0.4,dpleft:h0.8,dpright:h0.2,dpup:h0.1,guide:b8,leftshoulder:b9,leftstick:h0.8,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b10,rightstick:h0.2,rightx:a2,righty:a3,start:b7,x:b2,y:b5,platform:Linux

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the hard work guys :slight_smile:

I was testing the frustrum logic, and it works amazing! I have about 1275 cubes (each one with logic brics) and counting. Framerate and logic load seem to be stable despite the fact I’m using only logic bricks :blush:

The only problem I have is regarding sound, once I export to exe there is no sound.

any one else with the same problem?

2 Likes

Hello.
I’m making physic scene.
Runs quite well internally.
As for standalone player, the start maybe skipping frame and burying object underground.
As to overcome this, I will suspend() the scene at the start.
the scene will resume() when the user are ready.
But… seems like resume() is not working - even in logicbrick
Here’s the test file. ‘x’ to suspend and ‘y’ to resume.
mzSuspend.blend (88.3 KB)

Can anyone confirm this?
…or I’m doing it wrong.

Thanks.

When you suspend a scene, all its logic is also suspended.

So the sensor/controller/actuator that you setup in that scene won’t execute anymore.

One workaround is to add an overlay scene that will not be suspended, and that will resume the main one when required.

2 Likes

Aaa… no wonder. Now its working. Thanks mate!

are you using blender v2.79.6 upbge v0.2.3?

could you show me how to use frustrum logic?

I’m using UPBGE 0.2.4 (date 2018-10-06)

Select the object you want to work with “logic culling” , for example a rotating cube.

1.- Go to “Object button” and look for the “Activity Culling” tab and then activate the checkbox “Logic” and put the value you need in “Logic Radius”
2.- Go to “Scene” button and activate the checkbox “Activity Culling”
3.- Select the camera and go to the “Camera” button and look for the “Culling” Tab, and select the “Activity Culling” checkbox

For this I’m assuming you are using the camera as the player, so when you move and are in the object radius range it activates and logic bricks begin to work, and once you are out of range they deactivate.

That’s all :grinning:

no I am not using the camera as the player.is that the only way it can work?

No, it does not matter.

I just mentioned that because I did my example with a FPS, but is the same thing for a rpg or any other I guess :slight_smile:

Hello.
In UPBGE, why does “Warring: Python components auto-execution disabled” appears when overlay added?

Another UPBGE test…

3 Likes

the new scene could contain py components and they would execute automatically,

it’s part of security with opening blends and helping people, you know exactly what code is being called.

py has quite a bit of system access on the host computer.

Hello.
On UPBGE, Text objects seems can’t be colored.
…and I think something off with render-to-texture too, compared to the main render.

1 Like

My version olf 0.2.4 is a little old compared to master but I use colored text all the time

as for render to texture can you describe what is different?

maybe a side by side

1 Like

I’ve fixed it. RTT seems off because of the camera setting and color managemet.
Text color fixed using object color…

Is there a source for UPBGE precompiled binaries for windows. From what I can tell by looking at the web site when you choose to download the zip file from github you get sources. I do not have a C/C++ or C# compiler and do not have the need for one right now.

Answer: I did some more googling using different words and came up with this link:

It looks like a precompiled binarie of UPBGE v 0.2.4 But I will test it out and let everyone know.

1 Like

upbge devs are now working on 0.3.0 (blender game engine restored in blender 2.8x)

there is a link to the experimental pre alpha versions here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOTTQAFZXww&feature=youtu.be in video description
@SHABA1

Check releases, also here for older versions.

1 Like