My whole blender career thus far I’ve been able to skate by with just google, but I’ve ran up against a problem that google isn’t helping with.
I’ll try to give as much detail as possible, but let me know if I’m missing something.
I am attempting to use video textures to animate a “scoreboard” of sorts. I’ve gotten the UVs correct, and everything seems to be working. Until I try to sync it up to my audio.
As far as I can tell, the issue lies with Blender turning the video into a number of frames. Both Blender (Cycles Render) and the video editing software I am using (Vegas Movie Studio 11) seem to rendering at 23.98 FPS. If I attempt to sync the video file itself up to the audio, it works just fine. However, when I set it as the file for the texture, the video seems to be a certain % too long.
For example, at frame 8 in Vegas, the video is supposed to switch from a slide of “You” to a slide of “Won’t.” But it in Blender, it doesn’t switch until frame 11. Then, the slide is supposed to change at frame 15 but in Blender it changes at frame 21.
In fact, there seems to be a delay of x + 3 frames, x being the delay prior.
I’ve also tried it with different renders of the same file, with no visible change.
To recap: It is a single AVI file, it appears to work correctly everywhere but blender, where there is a strange adding delay.
I’m sure I could tweak this file to be perfect, but I’m going to have to do this a lot during the project and it seems there must be a simpler way.