A PS2

This is my ps2 that I spent like 3 hours on

Im currently stuck on applying lattice deformations to meshes, so if someone could help with that… but what do you think?

I’d change the color from black when posting renders in a WIP as its hard to see details. Other then that not much to critique.

Most of the details are still missing, so I’ve almost nothing to comment so far… :-?

In case you haven’t done so (I can’t see!), consider bevelling the edges. Right now they look like they can cut someone.

i agree with maniac, but for a PS2 most of the work isn’t really in the model so much as the texture and such… it really depends how detailed you want to get…

Is the ps2 edges really that bevled enough to be noticed in real life? If I added bevling… well maybe.

I shall try it and add a new pic up

To be physically accurate, the edges certainly are bevelled. Otherwise the PS2 would be recalled for the deadly threat it poses to the gamers’ delicate fingers when they handle it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless you plan to put the PS2 in an interior design scene - but you have to include this detail if it is your subject.

Heh yea this is true, but the interior design?! I was kinda thinking about that…

But Im still having problems with some of the modeling in it, so Ill post a pic when Im farther along

but another question, for the textures. For anyone who has a ps2 look at the mica like texture. How can I repreduce that?

I’d add a Stucci texture, and make it small and not too prominent. That should add to the mica look. And also set Spec to the Stucci texture.

I meant like putting the PS2 in a room with lots of other stuff so you don’t need that much detail or something…but it’s irrelevant, so think of it no more!

I wudn’t use stucci… it’s a little bit too large for the really fine look on a PS2… there’s a lot of textures out and about… you could probably find it if you googled it…

Can’t you just scale it?