A Really Really Fat Werewolf (Photorealism? A MUST! Pg3)

Actually, he’s stayed the same size since I started.

And as scheduled, here is the next update…

http://howitzer.250free.com/newfwwwip2.jpg

C&C are apreciated as usual…

loving it dude, give it some nipples lol :wink: keep up the nice work.

good looking progress…

.b

I think you should try putting the chin fat back in, but the earlier renders that have it are not consistent with the drawing. Perhaps if you made it more of an inner tube shape it would work better.

I thank you all for your comments.

I will see what I can do about the chin area. And I’ve done a few experiments with dupilverts and have decided not to use particles for the fur.

kewl, so how u gonna do it? show me show me :D. im excited to see him all fury and stuff :P, u gonna animate him? if u need some reference of fat things runny i could send you a vid of my sis lol j/k j/k (hehe)

Well, I changed my mind with the duplivert idea. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about the fur.

Here is the nearly completed mesh…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Howitzer/newfwwwip3.jpg

And here is the completed mesh with a rig…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Howitzer/Terratest.jpg
I didn’t use a plugin, I simply combined two seperate renderings from Blender and Terragen in Paint Shop Pro. I will play with the Terragen plugin later though.

All is needed is fur. I can do everthing except blink and I’m currently working on that.
I may also add some cloths later on as well, I’m sure he’s tired of being naked. :wink:

He doesn’t have a name yet but if you have and suggestions I’d appreciate it.

He’s looking real nice so far, but it would be much improved with OSA on.

He will surely have fur. I downloaded Fiber and was impressed. All the features reminded me of the Shag:Hair plugin for 3dsmax. Also, I will make a new scene to replace the old one. This time using the terragen plugin (only for the land meshes- I have no intention of using terragen renders with my project unless it is for the sky).

And- makeing him walk is a pain, but a learning experiance was well.

Wish me luck.

He’s still naked and without fur. This tends to make a person feel chilly. So I found a place for him where it’s warmer…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Howitzer/hotdownhere.jpg

Res:640x480 OSA:16 Subdivision:3 Jpg:90%
I also made a 256 color version for my old laptop!

Enjoy!

I seen your post at cgtalk.My crits are that All the fat seems to be overbearing for his bone structure,That is if he had bones physically.And with so much fat,His skin would over lap.There has to be flab with that much weight.and his face looks more like a bat then a wolf.His nose does also.And about your scene,Were is the atmosphere.It seems as if its an old dead planet with no atmosphere.and were is that red light comming from.
But sofar I think its going great.Good job.

PS"ooh yah He needs knees too.It looks like strech arm strong legs.But I guess when you add fur to him it wouldn’t show any way."

I will admit, the mesh has a lot of problems. But I’m hoping the fur will cover them. Or, I could continue to add more and more detail.

Yeesh this is hard.

As for the face, I’ve seen worse werewolves in the movies- some looking more like baboons than wolves. With this in mind, I’d prefer it look more like a bat than a monkey. As for the folds and whatnot, I will add them, because they can be seen even through fur.

Next Stop: Photo Realism

I will ditch the current rig and add even more detail to the mesh. When the requirment for photorealism is satisfied, I will build a new rig that will solve a lot of problems- especially the emotional expression problems I’m having with the bones in his face- he can smile/ frown etc, but it don’t look right.

Godspeed to myself…

PS. I am making regular backups if you were wondering.

You want to make a fat werewolf photorealistic? I applaud your optimism. We have yet to see a fully photorealistic person, and you’re going to convince our eyes that we’re seeing a picture of a mythical creature? Good luck. Keep at it, I hope to see your dreams realized, but wow. It is going to take a lifetime to render…

hehe u gave him niples :D. looks really cool dude, but photo realism? like dog soldiers?

I guess I was a bit optimistic. I will work on making him a lot more realistic- how does that sound?

And like the lawyers love to say, “I’ll see what I can do.”

Don’t be suprised if you don’t see an update any time soon, I have other projects too you know.

yea, sounds better. and as arnie say(spelling) “ill be waiting” :smiley:

Looks better then ever in that hot environment picture, hope to start seeing him with fur though.