A secluded hideaway

I’ve been wanting to do one of those “cubic room” things for a while, this one got inspired by an old French movie (“La Traversée de Paris”) although it came out quite different from what I intended.
Textures are from textures.com, made with Blender 2.82, which is really a gift to the world. I wish it had been around when I grew up, but at least I got to live long enough to play with it!
Critiques and praises are welcome alike.

4 Likes

the stairs look kinda weird because of the sudden cut but other than that, it looks vry nice!!

A cosy corner, for sure. I think it would look a little more realistic if the floor material was different from the walls. Maybe some flatter flagstones. The barrels look great.

Thanks!
And yes I was a bit lazy with the floor, I’ll look for something else.

The stairs looks too much perfect i think, make them a bit less “flat and squary” would add realism to the scene. But apart this, this is really good.

As french, i could spend a lot of time in that room eating ham and drinking wine :stuck_out_tongue:

Merci pour le commentaire!
Yes I put a bevel on those stairs but somehow the edges still look really sharp. I must be missing something, maybe how the normals are computed.

As a French living in Japan, this little work was really about going to my “comfort place”!
Unfortunately I couldn’t find any good labels in French so they’re all in English…