A small office café

I made this visualization for a Freelancer contest I didn’t win. What do you think?

17 Likes

Hi I do like the design, but as you are using the same material of wood on different object you have to keep in mind the scale of wood texture - on furniture it is much smaller than on big parts. The floor is great!

2 Likes

yes I know… I unwrap with cube projection and don’t mess with it that much. I guess I’m lazy. :confused:

So I do recommend taking care of it :smiley: the realism will be better with the right scale - mainly if it is on a huge part of renders like white plaster above and under the bar :slight_smile: Hopefully in the next competition :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. Will do it next time.

Scaling difference between materials really makes things oddly stand out. It’s not just the wood, but the walls look too bumpy and the couch has no visible texture. We can see variations in wood fibers, but it’s missing details like edges of wood pieces. Balancing detail levels consistently is always good for realistic or a cartoony look.

The project was probably rushed, but you can put more care into details of the wooden look counter by breaking it down into solid object parts or as veneer sheets. A counter that big is not likely formed from one objected. You have to consider how it was constructed. Overall it looks like a good scene too try refining and add more props.

2 Likes

Wow, great feedback! Thanks. :heart:
…and you’re right. I was rushing.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow! Thank you! I don’t know what to say… Thanks a lot and more! :partying_face: :heart: :star_struck:

1 Like