A small question about substance painter resolution

1. i video game asset im making needs 1024x1024 size for texture file. now, should i texture in that resolution in painter? or go up to 4k in painter and export that, and then resize that to 1k?

Painter is non destructive when it comes to pixel resolution, you can work in whatever resolution you like and when changing it, Painter reconstructs the whole texture in that image resolution.
That being said,exporting a higher resolution image and resizing it might give a better image quality (or might not).
You’ll figure that out…

There’s no need to export and then resize, as you can change/apply export image resolution from within Painter.

It would partly depend on the complexity/detail and general size (final viewing resolution) as to how high a resolution you want to work in but it’s likely working at 2 or 4k would give better results.

In many ways I think it’s best to bake the mesh maps at nothing lower then 2k and have the texture map settings the same. Then like I said, you can configure the exported textures to output at 1K.