A Transitional Style Kitchen WIP

Hey everyone! I’ve decided to create a sketchbook where I can share the progress of my Archviz projects. I’ll be posting a lot of WIPs to keep you all updated. I’m not sure if this is allowed, but I can always stop if needed. Shoutout to @odil24 and @thinsoldier for inspiring this idea! :slight_smile:

For my first update, I’m working on a transitional-styled kitchen. I just finished my mood board and concept sketches:

These sketches may not be perfect, but they’re important to me and get the job done. :grinning:

7 Likes

Great idea
Keep going)

1 Like

Good point :speech_balloon: :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :+1:

2 Likes

Update:

Today, I added basic primitives to the scene to mark the elements. Getting the correct measurements took a little time as I had to research. Here it is so far:

Of course, there is nothing much yet, but it is getting there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, it definitely is. Welcome to the Sketchbooks, my favourite part of this site!

2 Likes

Update 2:

Today, I started adding more details to the scene. Mainly just the upper cabinets and the range hood:

This once again took a bit of time - a bit of trial and error - as I am not the best modeler in the world, but it’s nice to improve my still every once in a while. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Update 3:

Today, I started adding more details to the cabinets and added the other basic elements like windows, cornice, ovens, and the fridge:

I am glad that I got this much done today. Modeling the cabinets and shelves, though, is quite tedious, to say the least. :wink:

2 Likes

Update 4:

Nothing much today, but, I did want to set up the lighting. Here is a quick lighting test:

3 Likes

Sorry for the late update, everyone.

I just started adding more materials today. Tomorrow, I will start adding more detail like plants, lighting, and so on.

Edit:

I decided to change this thread into a WIP as I am not sure if I am going to update this with other projects.

2 Likes

Update:

Today, I spent on adding more materials, adding more elements to the scene, and making some minor tweaks to the lighting. I also decided to change the color of the cabinets as white felt quite sterile, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Update 7:

The kitchen is almost finished! I finished adding the rest of the decorations. Tomorrow, I should start rendering the kitchen. Here are a couple of preview shots:

2 Likes

Really nice work. Everything looking really good, but the stools seem to lack shadow on the floor, which makes them appear as if they’re floating.

3 Likes

Yes, I know. I was going to fix that. I am kind of in a rush of completing this project. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

Hey, everyone! The project is now finished! You can check it out here: A Transitional-Styled Kitchen - Artwork / Finished Projects - Blender Artists Community

1 Like