A350 Flight Control Unit (Autopilot panel)

Hi
First post! Here is my weekend project. Always been fascinated by aircraft avionics and how sharp they look irl especially at night. This is my attempt at recreating the flight control unit or FCU in the Airbus A350 cockpit. It is located in the center of the glaresheild just under the windscreen. The main purpose of the FCU is to manage the aircraft’s autopilot system in speed, heading, altitude and vertical speed. In the Airbus there are two modes, managed and manual. The dotted lines represent managed (I.e. managed by the aircraft’s computers) and the numbers are usually an indication that the pilot is making manual adjustments to the autopilot.

The engravings are done with a custom normal map (Made in blender) and the other textures aren’t too fancy either. I also had a go at post processing although I worry it may look a little over-done. Images were rendered with cycles (Denoiser works great!).

Had a lot of fun with this and I think I learnt a lot from it - Can’t wait to start my next project when I have some more time!

Thank you!

6 Likes

Surprised no-one has commented on this. That’s pretty slick dude!

1 Like

Thanks man I appreciate it!
You aren’t on fsdeveloper by any chance are you? :eyes: I feel like I recognise that name…

Maybe… :slight_smile:

Do you have tried to print out the FCU?