Abandoned House

Hi, I’m sharing an abandoned house that I made in Blender 3.6 and rendered in Cycles.
For the vegetation I used Botaniq, Baga Ivy Generator, Geo Scatter and Quixel Bridge.

18 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

I do love this one.
great work, hope you do not mind - the only thing I would recommend is to not scale trees around and use proper scale of nature models because they made the house look like miniature. From above and compared to grass, boat, etc. the branches of trees are huge. If it was your intention, then it worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your work has very cozy mood and feeling. I think you might try to experiment a bit with lighting and volumetrics to make it look more natural. For example light rays from the top left corner would add slightly special look to your render)

1 Like

The only thing I’d critique about your shot would be the lack of contrast in your ivy leaves, and the underlying house.Vary your colors and details a bit, keep it from looking so homogeneous.That’s all you really need to do to turn this nice piece of art into an amazing one.

1 Like

I actually think the muted, limited palette and simple soft, overcast lighting is quite effective here. This place feels very ruined and dilapidated. Like, that building is completely done, there’s no salvaging it, nor anything in it most likely.

I love art of nature reclaiming overgrown, ruined buildings, and I particularly like the somber mood this one has.

1 Like

Hello, Thank You! Have a nice day!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your comment, actually the scale of the trees was too big , it’s the first time I’ve done a scene like this, but next time I’ll take those details into account, thank you very much for commenting!

Hello, thanks for your comment and suggestion, I am going to try the lighting settings that you mention, since they seem like a great idea to me, thank you.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will try to adjust that to improve the rendering, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Thank you for your comment, that is really the effect I wanted to achieve and I am very glad that you appreciate it, thank you for taking the time to comment and appreciate my work, have a great day.