Abigale

Just working on improving. Here is my latest WIP.

Wires

Face Render

Face Wires

4 Likes

Nice work :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::heartpulse::heartpulse:

dude this looks sweet. You’ve got some great style, and some great topology to boot. good job. can’t wait to see where you take this character!

I feel like the eyes are just a little high, and maybe a little too far apart as well. I did a little liquidify just to demonstrate:

abigale_corrected

other than that, I think you’re in a good spot!

2 Likes

I’d check those proportions carefully to see if they actually conform to the proportions of an actual human form. To my eyes, her hips are too broad, and her entire upper torso is much shorter than her legs. Looking at the side angle, the surface of her stomach appears to be clearly in front of the midline of her hips or the front of her legs. The profile of the breast is that of a pubescent young girl but the general layout of the pelvic-girdle area is inconsistent with that. Furthermore, the maximum outward curve of the leg is noticeably below the height of the pubis.

While I generally think that this a nice model which would probably deform convincingly, I don’t think that it actually conforms to a human body.

The face, too, is that of nearly an infant, with the nasal septum virtually undeveloped. There is a hard, bony ridge extending from between the eyes to approximately the bottom level of the eye socket, with cartilage beyond. The ears are also too small, and the eyes “Disney large.”

obviously depending on what Khalm is trying to do, I definitely think the proportions are attempting to be super stylized, not necessarily realistic! It feels solidly like a Chris Sanders-esque character, in a good way. Making the proportions more realistic might break that!

1 Like

After you pointed that out, it is all I saw. I updated it a few times and this is the version I liked the best.

2 Likes

And you are right pancake_manicure, I am going for super stylized proportions.

2 Likes

Love the curves ! :slight_smile:
I think she looks wonderful.

nice work, its really amazing this is the type of work that i really wish to master
did you sculpt it or did you box model it ?
i frankly dont like sculptur , i just cant handel it !!!

I really dig this! The eyes DID need moving and it looks a lot better now. The thing that sticks out to me most is her waist, specifically from the back. I think she needs some definition in her lats (latissimus dorsi). Her feet need a little attention too. :slight_smile:

Thanks alf0. I used the sculptor. I didn’t like it either, but after watching some Yan Sculpts videos ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfjswDVU0XHyBN7UFG0Mi5Q ) I decided I needed to learn it better. This was sculpt training form me.

1 Like

wow thin youv just masterd the sculpting !!!