Absolute Blender Beginner

Hi Guys,

I am an absolute blender newbie :slight_smile: and I need some help! Below I’ve provided an image of what I need help replicating… basically I am trying to create a wave like texture than I can export and then CNC mill on my machine… I just need help creating this texture in blender and the image itself doesn’t provide enough information for me to replicate as I am a complete newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If I’m understanding this correctly, you want to replicate what is in that image, right? If that is so, just create a plane and add a subsurf modifier to it. Set the subdivisions to something high like 4 or 5. Next, open the shader editor and press shift+A whenever you need to add a node, and use the search function to find the name of the node. Then, simply connect the nodes like in the picture. Does this help?
-Diego

Instead of the subdivision surface to 4 or 5 it is usually better to set Cycles Feature Set to “experimental” and use the subdivision surface modifier with “adaptive”.