Abstract animation

This is my daily exercise of the weekend: a first attempt to learn drivers and to play with lighting in Blender.

I’m a beginner and honestly grateful for every feedback.

2 Likes

I think this would be far more impressive if you fly the camera around, to give us more viewpoints. The straight-on view is a little hard to visually parse what is moving, & deprives the viewer of so much of the 3D structure & motion that exists in your model.

It looks nice & I can tell you put a lot of work into it. Thank you for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like

Agree with @shannonz that moving the camera would be beneficial, but keep in mind that you don’t even have to rotate the camera for this scene (as it might require a lot of extra work to make sure the background looks good). You can achieve a very nice illusion of depth just by slightly moving the camera in a loop while keeping the current top-down orientation.

1 Like

@shannonz @mild_effect thank you both for your feedback… In this case it actually was my attention that the viewer cannot easily see what is moving. It’s part of the fun of this work that it’s not quite obvious that it is a 3D work.

2 Likes