Accessories deform when character is animated in Maximo

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 10.15.41 AM

Would anyone know how to stop my headset from deforming when I animated my character in Maximo? I tested this first with a headset I downloaded for free and it didn’t deform, it looked great. So I went and bought this headset model and it deforms with even the smallest character movement. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Removing it completely from the armature, then constraining it (‘child of’ constraint) to the bone that controls the upper body should do the trick. The ‘set inverse’ option keeps it at the same relative position.
You could also add a bone as a child of the upper body and attach your mesh to it, this way you can easily animate it together with the rest of the armature in pose mode.
But you don’t have to, the ‘child of’ constraint moves it with the upper body, but you can still move it independently since the relationship is relative.
Also, if it doesn’t intersect with the mesh of your character you could have it entirely driven by physics, though that is a more complex thing to do.

1 Like

Thank you very much Romanji. I’ll remove it and make it a child like you suggested. Will making it a child BEFORE it’s animation work or does that only work if I make it a child after I’ve animated in Maximo.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond to my question :pray:

Constraining meshes is independent of animation (in Blender), before, after - doesn’t matter.
Same applies to the bones and weighting, you can add and remove stuff even when you already have an armature and keyframes.
There is no need to go through Mixamo again and Mixamo most likely will not understand constraints anyway, whatever is in the file you upload will be attached to the rig (and it will deform).
But in Blender you can always correct and change things, even the position of bones and their weighting.

1 Like

Got it, ok thank you again, you’re amazing!!!