Accuracy International AWM/L115A3 Sniper Rifle

After appx. 4-5 hours of modeling and texturing, I have created the Accuracy International AWM/L115A3 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle (in .338 Lapua Magnum). The polymer stock may need some tweaking in the materials dept. Needs a bipod, thinking about a scope. Let me know what you think!

Rendered and Modeled in Cycles, Post in Adobe After Effects
Render Time: 7mins 7secs
Samples: 200
Resolution: 3840x1000
GPU Rendering
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost

P.S.
Let me stress that it is 85-95% COMPLETE

Very nice! I really like the smoke. :slight_smile: Are you planning on adding scratches and stuff? IMHO, it would increase the realism a lot. Great job so far!

Yeah, I need to unwrap the plastic stock ): Not fun, but every thing else is textured! Thanks though!

Is it just me or is it a bit blurred? It looks like the focus is forcibly on the cock/lever thing (on the second picture) and it makes focusing and looking at the gun much harder. I like the first image better (depth of field wise), but I preferred the angle of the second. I think you need to remove whatever it is you’ve done to it to make it blurred because it’s just the gun in the picture and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having most, if not all of it sharp. As it stands, I can’t focus on anything except for the lever, and it’s painful trying to look at anything else.

It is blurred, and was intended to be focused on the bolt/lever. But I can see where you are coming from. I’ll look into that

Well that’s fair enough and in a way you’ve accomplished what you’ve set out to do if that’s your intention. However, I do believe that if you want the focus to be on the lever, then you should have the camera itself zoomed in on it. Visually speaking, my eye is drawn to the left first where the back of your rifle is and that’s out of focus (which makes settling on the image difficult.)

Do you understand the concept of the rule of thirds?

Personally, I prefer to look at the above because the ‘point’ if you like is much clearer. The eye is drawn straight to the lever.

get ride of the bullets, they are distracting.

Ohh, ok I understand what you are saying. And yes, I do understand thirds. I’ll re-render and see how the changes affect it.

Thanks,
Chris