AccuRIG - Free Auto-Rigging Tool

AccuRIG is a free application designed for fast and easy character rigging, aiming to reduce production effort for character artists by focusing on model design with automation and simplicity. Achieve accurate and superior rigging results in 5 simple steps for models in A/T/scan poses, or with low/high/multiple meshes. Direct export to all major 3D tools, or upload directly to ActorCore and try tons of production-ready animations for game, film, archviz, digital twins and more.

:point_right: https://actorcore.reallusion.com/auto-rig

Mixamo Killer? :smile:

6 Likes

Right now it only advantage is that it is an offline local application compared to mixamo.

you still need an application to retarget your animation data somehow.
so you can buy iclone for $600 USD plus more $$ for their canned motions
and export from accurig to native icone format.
or export to FBXfrom accurig to another 3DCC or game engine and sort out how to get mocap data retargeted with whatever tool you choose.

I personally think Blender plus the $40 USD Autorig pro, is a far better solution the either Mixamo or Reallusion

4 Likes

It can work offline? I thought the app uses online connection to work. I think I remember watching someone on youtube mention that.

2 Likes

Hi

All the the rigging functions work offline and there are some embedded test animations you can “preview” on your character after rigging.

However you can NOT export any of the test motions or import & retarget any external motions.
you can upload your character to Reallusions paid Actorcore libraries and apply any motions you have purchased from them, and download to your target application or for $$Iclone$$ itself.

In short, Accurig is a loss leader product to foment Sales of the Reallusion’s motion libraries.

Nothing wrong that, but people need to realize it before declaring Mixamo “dead” or thinking they have a free alternative to complete solutions like Autorig pro for blender.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for the info.

So you can only rig in it and export to other softwares like Blender, Maya e.t.c. I doubt you would be able to retarget in Blender using the rigging from AccuRig because of compatibility issues. Then again, I don’t think Blender has dedicated retargetting tools.

Anyone tried this rig with Unreal engine 5 and ue5 animation/retargetting tools?

Actually, (In addition to the paid Auto rig pro),
Blender has a few excellent & FREE Mocap retargeting addons such as Rokoko or Expy kit

There is even a free Blender pipeline tool, from Reallusion, that imports FBX Avatars ,from their Character creator software and converts to rigify and retargets the Reallusion motion data to the rigify control rig.

On the matter of exporting game ready rigs to UE5, there is a free addon for blender called “game tools”
the properly export game rigs , however I have only seen it used with Godot.

Of course Autorig pro has built in game export presets for both UE5 & Unity.

4 Likes

Thanks for the addons mentions. :+1: Will check them out. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not to mention that Mixamo exports animations while AccuRIG does not.

New easy rigging tool from Reallusion, good alternative to Rigify or Auto rig pro.
Free to use for commercial work.

Moved Ratchet’s post from the other thread to this one at @Kologe’s request. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Ratchet You might like to adjust your post to reflect a new version, or isn’t there a new version?

1 Like

Thank you @Metin_Seven , no new version it’s just a another video, i was not aware there was a thread already.

1 Like

Well, seems you can no longer export from accurig unless you have a signed up account and you require an internet connection or it won’t work.

Yes this is now the case
I still have the original Accurig 1.1 installed that does not require an online connection for full functionality and will never update it.
even though I use Blender with ARP for most rigging anyways

Yeah. I use Rigify currently. Unfortunately no longer use Accurig due to the new requirements.

1 Like

That’s what Reallusion does: reel you in, once you are hooked, the cash extraction starts.

I learned my lesson. No more.

3 Likes

I have used Accurig few times and as a quick solution it worked. But for more complex rigging nope.

I have detailed 6 mil polygon character that I want to rig for Unreal and Blender is struggling.

Addons like ARP with surface heat rigging or voxel rigging sometimes work, sometimes don’t.

Does Houdini do a better job at rigging complex meshes?

Why are you trying to rig a 6 million poly character
for a game engine?

Reallusion can quickly become prohibitively expensive if you choose to operate strictly within their ecosystem,
They do seem to have a dedicated core group of loyalist who do exactly that, paying premium prices for every shiny “new” innovation.

Their new
Accuface plugin($250 on sale, normally $500)
can do facial mocap from regular cameras even video footage.
But it only works with their $600 iclone software and native figures and requires a beefy NVIDIA RTX card

Meanwhile we have a FREE blender add-on that records facial mocap from any camera to any Blender character that has the base 52 ArKit blendshapes
and I am using the addon on my DELL inspiron with only intel UHD graphics.

But only a very tiny percentage of Iclone users will ever export to Blender despite the excellent blender pipeline tool from Reallusion themselves.

So never underestimate the power of entrenched habits & the ecosystem comfort bubble.

2 Likes

For cinematic render. I have already figured it out. I have rigged robot with transparent body, with organs, veins, muscles - for that reason geometry has a lot of polys. And works real-time in UE

Rokoko mocap also works with my mesh in UE.

But the process of getting there in Blender is pain.
Therefore I am thinking if Houdini would handle a lot of polys better with procedural rigging.

I guess most Reallusion users export to Maya.

I bought Auto rig Pro and it’s awesome, the best is it is integrated in Blender so i don’t have to use another more external software in the workflow pipeline process.

1 Like