Action Actuator for a single object

I apologize if this is a really simple question. I’ve spent more than the past hour trying to figure it out and I am starting to lose my mind. Hoping for a sanity check here.

Essentially what I’d like to do is have a basic cube move from one point to another and have that controlled by the action actuator. I set up key frames, one at frame 1, one at frame 30. It animates correctly when I use Alt-A. I was even able to get the IPO actuator to play it. I could be doing something wrong when I’m creating the action because it never works using the action actuator. Furthermore, after trying to set up the action the IPO actuator appears to stop working for me as well for some reason.

I’ve been able to use the action actuator in the past but it was for a fully rigged skeleton. I don’t know if that would make a difference but it was a while ago and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong this time.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Just the basic steps to make this work from a new .blend file would be enough. Thanks for your patience.

I’m confused, you’re trying to use the action actuator for a mesh instead of an armature? If so, you cannot do that. The action actuator is only for armatures. If you need to set an object action you have to use it’s IPO then play on the IPO actuator.

Ah, that makes sense now.

I tried it now parenting an armature object to the cube and then creating the actions in pose mode. Works fine.

Thanks!