Xolotl Substance plugin for blender - Use substance files natively inside blender 2.8+

Substances need a couple of prebaked maps to work, for example a substance of paint with exposed metal below will need a curvature map to know where to blend out the paint layer. Without this map you would get a constant paint layer or maybe some random spots but it would not be based upon the actual geometry.

IDONT HAVE A WEBSITE, you need to download it from Gumroad. https://gumroad.com/l/jKmeF#

Can we have this for Substance-Player too ? That would be amazing, cause i do not own Substance Painter or Designer.

Cheers - Happy Blending!

That would be really fantastic!

With the incredible number of people who make Blender tutorials I’m surprised there are not any community created videos of the Hedgehog, Substance, Blender workflow???

Thanks for the awesome effort, I have been waiting for such an add-on for a long time, is there is a way to try/test it?

Terrific ! Can’t wait for linux support !

Full finally out :cool:

FULL Substance Painter Live Link ( 3DS Max, Maya, Modo, Blender, Houdini) ($10)

This is going to be the best $10 you spend on integrating Substance Painter and Blender. I bought it 5 seconds after it was released and am in LOVE with what a great job has been done on Hedgehog.

The live link will support houdini default render “mantra” ? I think mantra is support PBR shader !

Is it for substance designer too?

I just bought the new version. I get this error message when trying to activate the addon in blender 2.79a after having installed it like you describe in your “install guide” video. (I did have the betaversion installed before that, which I uninstalled properly. Please help this is a superuseful addon!

From ‘Release Notes.txt’:

NEXT STEPS AND COMING SOON…
[C4D] Beta integration
[LINUX] Linux Support
[Houdini] Mantra renderer
[All] Octane renderer

:slight_smile: Common sense: If it’s not mentioned or described it usually means that it doesn’t exists.

Had same issue at first.
So I ran Painter to check, if ‘hhconnect’ plugin is there. “Yup, all looks fine.” Had left it open, just in case.
Opened Blender again and then the ‘Hedgehog Connect’ addon activated without a problem.

I assume Painter needs to be run at least once before or be running… otherwise restart the machine. This usually helps.

Disclaimer
I have no relation to the development of the plugin, just chiming in from what i experienced.
:wink: enjoy

Originally Posted by jachtarfranko https://blenderartists.org/design/baorg2012light/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png
Is it for substance designer too?

:slight_smile: Common sense: If it’s not mentioned or described it usually means that it doesn’t exists.

Substance designer uses *.sbsar files and Substance painter use *.sbsar files too

Still no success. :no: I tried everything @burnin you recommended, thanks for taking the time tho

[EDIT]
Newest update solved the problem, me so happy! :cool:

Is there any plans to bring this to 2.80?

soon, but i’m planning a couple of major changes to make it more integrated with blender

3 Likes

Make A Great Progress! But , for me, i want it can be a free addon for blender 2.8.

yeah i suppose everyone likes free stuff…

That’s great to hear, good luck