Xolotl Substance plugin for blender - Use substance files natively inside blender 2.8+

i would honesty pay for it even if there was a free option

Youā€™re already getting Blender for free and now you want a lone dev who puts in a huge amount of time and work to just give you what you want for free? I canā€™t understand this mentality. You should be happy to donate to the dev for making this great tool, to support it in the future. Instead you complain because you want it for absolutely nothing.

3 Likes

Agreed. Blender being free makes it far easier for me to justify paying for other stuff, whether thatā€™s plugins like this one, Allegorithmic stuff, high quality tutorials or stuff from site like Poliigon.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support guys! means a lot to me!!!

and i promise youā€™ll be hearing soon about the new update!!! is going to be awesome, after finishing the new release of the Substance Designer Live Link and the Substance Painter Live Link at the beginning of January, plus the Maya Kitbasher last year, now is time fo finally give some love to this add-on again and iā€™m working on it in every spare time i have to make it happen soon :smiley:

5 Likes

Something does not work for me - in the Substans-243 error, the textures are sent to the folder, but they do not appear in the blender.
ā€œplagin xolsplink error expecting property name: line 5 column 1 (char 243)ā€
Blender 2.8 13.03.2019

Have you considered making any documentation?

1 Like

can someone tell me if this link can be used to push models with material to substance painter to establish the sync or does one still need to load in the objects manually and this tool takes part of the ā€œmaterialā€ sync only?

1 Like

This thread needs an important update. @ymmanuel at Xolotl has done an incredible refresh of the .SBSAR node setup tools for Blender. Later today heā€™ll be sending out an update that is able to preview your .SBSAR library from within Blender - itā€™s wicked AMAZING!

You really should take a look at this preview video:

3 Likes

Hey @JWise thanks for sharing! You beat me to the punch :stuck_out_tongue: soā€¦

SURPRISE!!! :partying_face:

After the initial release, Iā€™ve been deploying some minor and mid updates, like integrating the add-on directly inside blender instead of it being a different app. Some performance improvements and compatibility updates.

But this time i wanted to finally take it to the next level and make the plugin that i envisioned when i started the project, I feel like this release is must definitely a step in the right direction :slight_smile:

As it has been so far this update is FREE for all the current users

and has a lot of improvements including:

• Automatic loading of parameters when selecting an *.sbsar file
  • Auto assign material to selection
  • Live update
  • Automatic reloading of textures for cycles and eevee
  • Duplicating materials
  • Full control of the baked textures output path
  • Save the baked textures in a relative path
  • Custom workflows
  • Substance library
  • Octane support
  • and more

As some of you requested, this time Iā€™m recording a list of tutorial videos to go alongside this plugin, as well as doing a live stream next Tuesday at 1PM US Central Time, to showcase the plugin and answer any questions.

The link to the livestream is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzmUFJb8mZA

For all the people that still donā€™t own the plugin you can find it in:

Blender Market
https://blendermarket.com/products/sbsar-link-for-blender

Gumroad
https://gumroad.com/l/stxJi

Artstation
https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/ogve/xolotl-sbsar-use-substance-files-inside-blender-2-8

*Gumroad is the most affordable option, but if you want to support blender, youcan buy it in blender market :slight_smile:

Iā€™m going to keep track of this thread, but usually all the people that need support can contact me directly via Discord

here is the link:
https://discord.com/invite/mmMTeHj

2 Likes

Here are the tutorials:

PROMO VIDEO

INSTALLATION

ADD-ON PREFERENCES

USING THE ADD-ON

OCTANE SUPPORT

CUSTOM WORKFLOWS

SUBSTANCE GALLERY

3 Likes

Hey guys, I just updated the video list to include the custom workflows and the substance gallery videos

Cheers

Hi guys donā€™t forget that today Iā€™ll be doing a livestream showcasing the add-on at 1pm US Central

here is the Youtube link:

1 Like

Hello everyone

just wanted to share the tri-planar presets I showcased during the stream, they are on my Patreon for free to download, here is the link

https://www.patreon.com/posts/substance-for-2-38813618

to install them all you need to do is to add the *.json files inside the presets folder of the plugin and restart Blender

these files will be added by default in the next update.

also let me know if you want another preset to be added by default :slight_smile:

Hey guys, all of you should be able to see a new FREE update:

the release notes are:

• Bug fixes (fixed and added support for more parameter types)
  • Support for multi-graph *.sbsar (now you can choose the graph if your sbsar has more than one)
  • Favorites list (as you requested :stuck_out_tongue:)
  • Triplanar presets (the ones showed in the live stream)

Let me know if you have any comments :slight_smile:

Hope you like it!!!

1 Like

Hello

I just bought your addon (from Blender market), and there are 4 files:
xol_sbsar_2_0_4
xol_sbsar_2_1_0
xol_sbsar_2-0-4a
xol_sbsar_2_1_1

Iā€™m on Windows10 with Blender 2.90 so which file I have to use?

So I tried xol_sbsar_2_1_1 and I have an error when I try to connect SAT ā€œError while connecting SATā€
(I follow your tutorial, install Automation toolkitā€¦)

I certainly made a mistake somewhere, could you help me to solve this ?

the bigger the number the newer the version 2.1.1 being the latest, seems like you clicked connect sat twiceā€¦check that you have some files in the extra folder, if you do then just restart, also for support is easier if you contact me via discord, since i donā€™t check this thread daily

cheers

2.0.1 is bigger than 2.1.1 ? :no_mouth:
For the support via discord, what/where it is is?

was a typo

:flushed: a ā€œtypoā€ ? Iā€™m lost here