Adding materials in the GE? (Solved.)

(Sex Pistol) #1

ello community!

Thanks in advance for everyone that helps :), I’m having trouble with use of blenders built in materials in the game engine. More or less the materials that I assign just don’t display on the object. Can anyone go over how this is done or point me to a tutorial that deals with this?

So I need to know which built in materials work in the game engine. How to properly apply them to a object for use in the game engine I’m not really interested in rendering, I am going to use smooth groups so there will be only material per object. but multi objects sharing the same material if that makes sense? So I don’t need anything right this minute that explains multi materials on multi faces just image-less materials in the game engine

I have been modeling more than learning about materials and the game engine so I’m lacking a bit in those area’s so I’m sorry If what I’m asking don’t make sense or using wrong terms. Thanks in advance community!

0 Likes

(shadowbane) #2

You need to bake textures, procedural ones don’t work in the GE.

0 Likes

(Sex Pistol) #3

Thanks shadowbane, That explains why it didn’t work for me lol. You see I have always been under the impression from something I read somewhere (which I can’t find now.) that starting with blender 1.43 or 1.44 that you would be able to use procedural textures in the game engine…

hummmmm Think I can find some tutorials on baking, I just couldn’t find any on procedural textures and now I know why. woot!

Thanks! again. :slight_smile:

0 Likes