Adding realistic dirt and dust on objects

We can’t help if we can’t see what you have done…we need to see at least your Node Tree for this…It is probably just a reversed noodle or misplaced node if you followed any of the tutorials…

Here is one I did to display how you can set things up…

The Wood, paint scratches a roughness are all using the original wood texture as a mask…

This is what it looks like with just the plain wood PBR Texture…

@RSEhlers you can move to the new topic " Original material Won’t show after adding stencils"

So do you want help?
Show your material setup like you have been asked to do. The new topic is the same as the old topic. We are not here to play a game of 50 questions. If you want us to help you provide all the information asked for.
Those who show they are trying are the ones who get the most help.

You are showing that you are asking for help before you try to do things.

I do not actually understand your frustration…the new topic is completely different + I showed the material setup as I was asked. (If you mean the Topic: Material won’t show after…then you’re still mistaken…it’s a different issue)
I do provide info when asked (Even the blender file itself…I did provide it earlier)
and one thing you should know is I do try the suggestions you suggest. I’m not here to chat with my friends.
thanks