Addon: Add Mesh Edge Profiles

(Meta-Androcto) #1

hi.
18 edge profiles Add_mesh objects, easy to create with edge fillet addon, but if you need quick profiles, here you are.

Add Mesh Edge Profiles

Thanks to zmj100 & paleajed for making this so easy to do.

0 Likes

(emt) #2

Does this work close to Modo profiles feature?
Imho, being able to create and store cutom profiles, and extrude them along a path ( curves, edges ) could help in archviz modeling and other field.

I’ve used Modo and found this useful.
Have to use more blender so I don’t really know if there is yet such a feature.
Blender is awesome.

0 Likes

(vklidu) #3

I placed folder to my user add-on folder (as usual), but I can’t see it in a blender add-on list to activate it.
Or how does it works? Thanks

0 Likes

(Meta-Androcto) #4

hi, just put the folder add_mesh_edge_profiles in your addons folder,
enable in user prefs, run in add_mesh menu

0 Likes

(mrjynx) #5

.tar.gz ? My computer doesnt like that format. .py in a zip please?

0 Likes

(vklidu) #6

@Meta: thanks, but can’t confirm under OS X. Addon is not appearing on the list, so nothing to activate. Sorry.

0 Likes

(mrjynx) #7

For now (until he replies) it seems you have to download all the python scripts from here
http://blenderpython.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/blenderpython/scripts_library/scripts/addons_extern/add_mesh_edge_profiles/
then put them in a folder called add_mesh_edge_profiles then put them in the blender/addons folder.

0 Likes

(Meta-Androcto) #8

hi,
If you use 7zip, unpack the files twice.
then put the folder called add_mesh_edge_profiles in the blender/addons folder.
sorry for strange format, .tar.gz is a widely used format, just not as usual as .zip .rar or .7zip
it’s what sourceforge automattically builds for downloads.

0 Likes

(mrjynx) #9

I didnt know you could do it on windows, thought it was a linux only format.

I could open the first .tar.gz folder with extract now, but then inside that is the same file again .tar.gz with no file association. i`ll have a play later thanks

0 Likes

(Meta-Androcto) #10

hi,
start with the .tar.gz, do an extract here, then you should have a .tar, do an extract here on the .tar to get the folder.

0 Likes

(mrjynx) #11

I finally got it figured out when I realised not all extractors can do it. thanks.

0 Likes

(Spirou4D) #12

Hi Meta-Androcto,

I have this Traceback with your addon:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/patrinux/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/add_mesh_edge_profiles/add_mesh_inlay_3.py", line 50, in invoke
    bm.edges.new((bm.verts[verts[0]], bm.verts[verts[1]]))
IndexError: BMElemSeq[index]: outdated internal index table, run ensure_lookup_table() first

Blender: 2.77 (sub 0), branch: master, commit date: 2016-04-05 18:12, hash: abf6f08, type: RelWithDebInfo
build date: 2016-04-08, 19:05:34
Linux Mint 17.3 x83 - 64b

0 Likes

(jimpaw80) #13

Van you include a picture or video on this?

0 Likes

(Meta-Androcto) #14

hi this script no longer works or is supported, basically it was an add object script with no tweakable parameters. All Objects were made with mesh_extra_tools edge fillet plus (in addons_contrib)

0 Likes

(Hunter Plata) #15

Hello my friend

I think you’ve done a great job with version 1.2 Laboratory and really I’m very grateful for that.

My English is not very good, but try to explicarmete respect to a question that has arisen me reading your User Guide version 1.2.

In chapter Measures and landmarks
In Point 1 (1 Head-width_X. From the iliocristale to crotch, projected on Z axis).
I think there may be an error in the landmarks mention (From the iliocristale to crotch).

Please could you explain about it.

I thank you again for your great work and the answer you’re willing to give me in relation to my question.

0 Likes

(Meta-Androcto) #16

ok, second thoughts…
pic:

Coming soon, free. Curve Bevel Profiles.

Attachments

0 Likes

(Meta-Androcto) #17

Direct link:
https://github.com/meta-androcto/downloads/blob/master/add_mesh_edge_profiles.zip
not much going on here really, just a nice set of profiles for extrusion.
only a mesh is created, you’ll need to convert to curve yourself. they all work great as curve bevel objects.

0 Likes

(Spirou4D) #18

Thanks Meta-Androcto, useful, i will transform it in curves to make masks in Paint Mode with our new addon “Artist Paint Tools” like in Photoshop or GIMP…We need too star, arrow, ring etc…:cool:
At soon…

0 Likes

(Meta-Androcto) #19

Spirou4D,
don’t forget there’s curve profiles in add_curves_extra_objects too.

0 Likes

(Spirou4D) #20

Yes thanks, i walk around the theme now…Byebye Meta-Androcto.
Have a nice evening! :wink:

EDIT: Hi Meta-Androcto,

i have understood, it’s a bug because you use the old release of creaprim to create the Add_Edge_profile addons.
Paleajed give me now the new creaprim addon and i will create again new profiles…
Byebye
Spirou4D

0 Likes