Copy Blender Info

Copy Blender Info

Hi All,

For all you people which do bug report regularly and cant memorize the hash code and date+time needed for the bug report. I made this simple addon which copies this info and can be paste right in the template. I didnt know any method on doing this and always needed to open the splash screen. Than somehow either memorize the hash-code and date+time or do some magic on multiple windows.

This addon adds an simple copy operator to the help menu, one click and you done. The info can now be pasted in the template. This is like 1-3 seconds, this should be done by default :slight_smile:

You can find it here; https://github.com/schroef/copy-blender-info

[0.0.4] 2019-02-26

Added

• After copying bl info call url bugpost direct from this addon (Thanks Vyacheslav 4 the idea)

[0.0.3] - 2019-02-23

Changed

• Now using BL internal copy method, easier and less files (Thanks Oleg Stepanov)

[0.0.2] - 2019-02-23

Added

• Report info when info is ready to be pasted

[0.0.2] - 2019-02-23

Added

• Report info when info is ready to be pasted

[0.0.1] - 2019-02-23

Added

• Initial start repo
6 Likes

PS any one on WIndows or Linux, could perhaps report if it works on your OS?

Hi!

I loaded release v.0.0.2 | Added copy feedback and it is not working after installing - it extracts files wrong in addons directory (windows 10).

Also, why are you using an external library for clipboard? Blender has an internal property in python for this:

bpy.context.window_manager.clipboard=“This text now in clipboard!”

2 Likes

Bear in mind that “pyperclip” library requires work arounds for different platforms for the clipboard functionality

Neat find, I will try this. Btw are you sure this is OS clipboard not Blender’s own clipboard? The doc is not giving much info about it.

Edit:
Yeah this works with the OS clipboard, setting sets the clipboard, reading just gets the content of the clipboard. Nice work around.

I didnt see anything here, https://github.com/asweigart/pyperclip
Simply looks like he covered all OS’s in his files

Yeah, my assumption was based on the wide range of OS configurations.

Thanks i could not find the method how this worked. I tried many google search and gave up after 30/45 minutes.

Thanks for the headsup, that looks super easy actually

Okay its updated, also fixed the installation method. I should have putten it inside a folder which i forgot to do :blush:

Thanks again @DotBow

Just a heads up, as of today’s build, the Help -> Report a Bug button will auto-fill out more of the bug form for you.

For example, here’s what gets auto-filled in right now:

**System Information**
Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17134 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070 With Max-Q Design/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 391.58

**Blender Version**
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 48), branch: blender2.7, commit date: 2019-03-14 00:12, hash: `rB87aca8bd02bc`
Worked: (optional)
3 Likes

Thats great news! I hope my contribution and posting it many places helped get this into Blender. Wonder why so late in the process though :roll_eyes:

Quite nifty how they did it. Wasnt sure how to it with ID in the html. Now they simply use the textarea ID to fill the data. Nice!

I noticed this yesterday. I’m glad this now gets filled out. It got annoying having to get that info every time.

2 Likes

I know, thats why i made this little thingy. I posted where ever i could and spammed the hell out of it at Blender TOday :slight_smile: i also added it to bug comments quite some times. So i hoped that helped getting the attention for such simple thing which makes life much easier.