[Addon] Cursor Control 0.7.1

A small update making sure it still works.

This addon gives you fingertip control of the 3d cursor. May be helpful in simple CAD drawings of mechanics or architecture. Feel free to try it for yourself.

Don’t hesitate to make a video to show us how it works :wink:

Couldn’t enable this addon.

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 324, in enable
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File "C:\Users\Cou\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\cursor_control\__init__.py", line 50, in <module>
    from cursor_control import data
  File "C:\Users\Cou\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\cursor_control\data.py", line 45, in <module>
    from misc_utils import *
ImportError: No module named 'misc_utils'

Try deleting the folders indicated in the error message. You may have an older version hanging around that causes these errors

this addon is still in addons_contrib. are there any changes here or is it the same version?

You need two folders, cursor_control and modules

This is a new version.

I have upgraded this update to 0.8.0 due to a discovered incompatibility between blender 2.6 and 2.7
I also created a github repo.

Look for folderC:\Users\Cou\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons<b>modules

It should contain the following files…/modules/constants_utils.py
./modules/cursor_utils.py
./modules/geometry_utils.py
./modules/mesh_editor_utils.py
./modules/misc_utils.py
./modules/ui_utils.py

The render button on the mirror modifier is off.

The “Enhanced 3D cursor” add-on run better than this!

(my apology that I have to revive this topic. I have no other choice. There is no option for me to create new topic.)

I can read that the path is View 3D > Properties > Cursor. But I do NOT know where they are. I am a total newbie.

I know the struggle of how horrible the 3d cursor is in blender. Unfortunately the addon is old and it’s not gonna work anymore. Because it’s written for blender 2.7, Blender 2.8 update has many API changes.
But i would recommend you a tips. First go to preferences > Keymap and search the “set 3d” name.
AT (3)

After set click to Double Click
AT (2)
After that remove search name and go to 3d View > 3d view (global) > Down (before Object Mode )
AT (5)
Than add a new keymap and set none to transform.translate, shortcut to Shift + Right Mouse and click to Click Drag.
AT (4)

Now you can double tap right mouse button for 3d cursor placement. Shift drag for 3d movement. and while shift and right mouse holding you can press r to rotate the 3d cursor. You can also use any snapping method contain in Snap to.