[Addon] EWOCprojects presents StraightenPlus

“Restrict axis” seems to be broke, doesnt work anymore for me in blender 2.68.
Btw imo the left mouse button should confirm and not tweak. Atm i need to move my hand away from mouse to hit enter enter confirm. No good workflow.
The maint point of this addon is to fully straighten something. In most times you want fully straight lines and not 67 percent or so. So tweaking is used very rarely and could be tweaked with the slider in the toolbar.

thx dave

edit: i tried old 0.27 again and it seems to work exactly the way i described:)

-maybe your cleanup changed it back to some old behaviour…

Good points, same hand moving here also.

Thank you, didnt know that, although Gstretch or Straighten plus dont respect your original vertices distribution. Only way I found is S+axis+0 and Shear.

I have some kind of that. It is beta, written especially for me by Alexander Nedovisin.
But I’m ready to share with it, just for you ;D

How does it work.
You have 2 defining verticles - start and end of loop. Other verticles of loop are spreaded between them, but only by axis, that you will define. Script provides equal distance by selected axis (without Relation), or distance, based on edges length (with Relation)

On the picture (all without Relation) - Распределить button

1. Base
  2. Base only by Z
  3. Base by ZY
  4. Base by ZYX

1D_Script 117.zip (4.53 KB)

Is that what you mean?

Relation mode I use for proportional strightening.
No Relation mode I use for Baroque modelling. It allows to mean 3D shape, drawing it in 2D (manipulating with distances between verticles):

Yes, thank you, exactly what I ment :slight_smile: First one click and then a few repeat (Shift+R) and done !

Attachments

Well, it seems to be the closest solution to this scope)

Really useful script, thanks for maintaining it!

I’m not sure if I’m alone here, but I very rarely use the toolbar, and having the button all the way at the bottom means that the entire toolbar is taken up by all the default buttons in the Mesh Tools panel.

I’d recommend you add it to the Edges menu (Ctrl+E) at the top. The Specials (W) menu is long enough already, so imo the Edges one would be the best.

Hello, Gregzaal! Nice to meet you there)
Which one do you mean - mine or EWoC?
Strightening by Gstretch can be already found at W>LoopTools>Gstretch (from 4.4.3)

I meant the EWoC one.

The looptools in 2.69 (and current trunk) is only version 4.2, and the version in the wiki is said to be 4.0 (though the download link is to the 4.2 svn source)

If you, or anyone else, want to maintain the LoopTools addon for Bart, you need to talk to him directly. If you can’t get hold of him, I suggest you talk to another developer in #blendercoders on the freenode IRC network, or via direct email or the bf-committers mailing list)

Everyone wants better tools, so just go through the right process to make sure everyone gets to benefit from your work.

Personally, I hate how LoopTools isolates itself in it’s own toolset - in it’s own menu at the top of the specials menu, and a very inconsistently styled panel in the toolbar.
The best possible implementation would be to include each function in the appropriate menu (either edges, faces or vertices menus, Ctrl+E,F,V, or if that specific feature doesn’t suit any of those three, then, as a last resort, put it in the W Specials menu)
I know it’s not possible to insert an operator in the middle of those menus, only at the end/beginning, but that’ll have to do. However I’m sure I’m not the only one to agree that the functions LoopTools has should be included in the source (albeit with some better names) and thus it would be possible to put it in the right place.

But this it probably the wrong thread to rant :wink:

Also, 4.4.3 Looptools were not included because it is still release candidate.
It was stopped so close to end, but it still contains some known issues, that doesnot allow it to be released officially…

Well when 1D_scripts is being discussed here… I use it very often and it is useful addon, thx for it. I have one question - function Sideshift does not support camera, lamp and empty objects, any plans to implement them?

0.2.15 version of script here

We’ve put this query into queue

Implemented, including instancing. Try latest 0.7.3

Update for Blender 2.80 now online.

2 Likes