[Addon] Kjartan’s Scripts

Thank you !

Thank you. This is fantastic stuff!

OOOH new paint tool awesome! Thanks again! But it a little lagy with toogle, I set shift right click for it and when i tre to select some disconected polys it select some polys with it.

That seems just like dreams comes true^^
Excellent!!

Paint tool didnt work with togle in curve edit mode

Hi guys. I updated my addon to v0.2.7. Added a new feature called Path Select Ring +fixed a few bugs.

v0.2.7 – 21-Nov-2015
new feature: Path Select Ring
cut tool will invoke knife in more situations
fixed “cull faces” bug in Shrinkwrap Smooth
fixed bug in Shrinkwrap Smooth if vertex weight was not set too 1
fixed bug in Shrinkwrap Smooth where it would add selected verts to existing vertex groups
removed Nearest Vertex option in Shrinkwrap Smooth
added subsurf option (more reliable, but slower results) in Shrinkwrap Smooth
added hotkey input for edit and object mode. This solves some stupid bugs where the menu would give error if the active object was not on a visible layer.

[TABLE=“class: cms_table, width: 750”]

http://www.kjartantysdal.com/images/scripts/path_select_ring.gif
Path Select Ring – mesh.path_select_ring

• path select partial edge rings
  • option for interactively picking edges
  • also option for instantly collapsing the selected edges

[/TABLE]

@ Floki: thanks for letting me know. I’ll write that one down in my Todo.

Thanks man

Awesome, thanks!!

Ha, I was thinking about the Path Select Ring for a couple of days now. Hope we can collaborate like this in the future! I’ll think of something - you make it. Works for me :slight_smile:

uffffff so useful thank’s

Thank you very much for this!
For now I’m using “Shrinkwrap Smooth” and I think something like this should be included by default in Blender. This tool helps to quickly correct messy topologies for getting more evenly spaced loops as result and smoothing without losing much the shape.

Hy ktysdal,

great set. i include it into scf retopo. hope it is ok?

small tip: if you don´t use the header info text, write more how to use info into the tooltip (bl_description = “”).

Example Draw Poly:
“”“Draw a polygon / LMB = Draw / +CTRL = Snap / SHIFT = Flip Normals / MMB = Fill Beauty / RMB = ESC”""

Why you not still copy paint select for paint deselect and give it a second shortcut?
Anyway this is so cool… that must be trunk…

Hi mkbreuer. Thanks
Sure, you can use it for whatever you want. Thats ok.

and thanks for the tooltip description suggestion. I added it in the python file and uploaded a new version just now. I still want to do what @0rAngE suggested with adding the header info thing at some point.

@YAFU. Hehe, yeah that would be cool. The shrinkwrap smooth is fundamentally a bit hacky, but yeah I agree. It would be very cool to have something like that in trunk. I use it all the time too

<shameless self promotion>

A week ago I released my first gum road tutorial, and it covers how I approach making topology on a stylized dinosaur head.

https://vimeo.com/147176792

the retopo tutorial also includes a custom tool that I put together.

so if you want to support me then you can pick up my tutorials here:
https://gumroad.com/ktysdal

(and I will be eternally grateful :slight_smile: )

</shameless self promotion>

Any possibility to have the addon without bying the tutorial ?

nah, you have to get it with the tutorial for now.
The tool is very useful in its current state, I use it for all my retopo-work, but I dont think it’s quite good enough to sell as a standalone product.
I might do that some time in the future though. But then I want to add quite a lot more additional functionality + make it as solid as I possibly can. That will probably require 50-60’ish hours of work… and that is simply not going to happen any time soon. My life is way too busy atm

Ok,

I don’t need the tutorial, so I will wait ^^

Nice wen I get some Money I will buy your tutorial I don’t need it but I want to support you and get the tools great contribution to the community thanks…:slight_smile:

hi @kakachiex2, what i can do is maybe sell the early development version of the custom retopo tool now for something like 10 euros and then have a different price when the final version is ready. that could perhaps work. I’ll think about it.

by the way, i changed the prizing of the tutorials. The retopo one is now 15 euros instead of 20, and the sculpting video is now 5 euros.

If you going to further develop this Retopo addon is an opportunity to integrate Retopo-MT feature in this addons what you think pitiwazou it’s a nice opportunity I will pay for it.

Do we get free updates for the addon if we buy the tutorial. Like the other ones, I would buy it for the addon more than the tutorial. Did you think about making it part of the blender cloud ? You may earn more money there and get more visibility?

Hi Matali
If i do the addon then i can give 50% discount to the ones who get the video. Gumroad seems to have an offer system, so it is possible to send out emails with discount codes. That can work.
Blender cloud is as far as I can tell only for open content that goes through the blender institute, so I dont think that is an option (unless i start working there again). Blender market however can totally work, but honestly Gumroad works perfectly fine for now :slight_smile: