Mesh Check

Little update for the Mesh Check. The addon now appears now in the Mesh Display panel.
It activates directly by clicking on Mesh Check check box and automatically removes isolated vertices (those not linked to an edge).

1 Like

Thanks, this is a great add on.

This and borderlines together beats my old good friend meshlint. Meshlint would be good but it wont show realtime your ngons and tris like this can do :slight_smile: Great addon and so far the best mesh checker out there (even hard ops fails on this by adding unnecessary materials to my mesh which I need to delete after)

I have random blender crashing happening when using this addon and moving vertex top of another with vertex weld :frowning:

hi, I like it too, made some changes, I’ll upload soon.

Any news about your update, Meta-Androcto?

hi, merged both versions, older with line width & current & merged into mesh edit tools which will be in 2.79 release or nightly builds now.

It is possible to use it with blender 2.78c?

Where I can find this newest version of mesh check?

One suggestion that would make this tool very much top notch in my opinion would be a text box that tells user how many ngons or tris your current edit mode mesh actually has.

This suggestion is based on the possibility where user has accidentally made so small ngons or tris that you cant easily spot them from the wireframe mode but you know there is some when you can read it.

edit: Never mind I figured out that clicking the ngon or tris boxes it activates the faces and you can see the count of active faces from the blender top info.

Yeah thats actually a good idea better having those color options in addon settings than cluttering side panels.

1 Like

Is this addon working on 2.78c? It doesn’t show anywhere after activating it.

You have to be in edit mode.

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/2017-09-13_11-07-46.gif

Thanks, Pitiwazou.

A very nice add-on. It can be handled easily and easily.
Thank you for publishing this add-on for use.

1 Like

is there a 2.8 update planned?

2 Likes

I should do it, but not too much time right now.

2 Likes

Just checking in to see if you’re still considering updating it :smiley:
I miss it a lot, it’s my favourite mesh checker.

1 Like

Yes. This looks very cool. Is love to see for 2.8 as well. Or maybe I can convert it myself. Have to see code.

I updated the “Mesh Check” add-on to Blender2.8.
This is very useful for finding error meshes.

Download

mesh_check

GPU Editon

GPU Editon is in the during work in Github.
GPU Editon is an update to Blender 2.8 by changing the latest version of Blender 2.7x “Mesh Check” to a method using GPU.
Highlight on the viewport without using material.
Currently, only highlighting triangles is possible (unstable).

This development is difficult for me and welcomes if anyone can take over and complete it.

bookyakuno/mesh-check-b28

7 Likes

Why updating the old version of the addon ? And why posting on Gumroad instead of simply post the github link here ?

Why updating the old version of the addon ?

It was because the update work was easy.

And why posting on Gumroad instead of simply post the github link here ?

Github is difficult to use from the user’s perspective, so I use gumroad as my main posting location.
Gumroad is Easy-to-set images and explanations, simple download methods, and e-mail update notifications are available.

I made it because there was no Blender2.8 version, but I think that is better if the original developer updates.

1 Like

Very cool! I did notice since it swaps materials for the preview ,it can ruin your multi materials/slots. Is there a way to solve that?