[addon] Mesh Deformer

…broken in 2.76b

update…

hi imdjs, I downloaded the update for 2.76 in the first post, but it’s still not working for me. Maybe it’s because my computer can’t read the Chinese characters?

----update20161109----
1: add the weight map to influent the mesh vertices that you want to derform.
2: add the option of Global or local,if set to Global this will caculate the Global point distance.
MeshDeformer v0.20(blender2.78,winX64).zip (663 KB)

download zipfile

some files are missing ,but I have reuploaded it.

Now another new report

reupload againt

The installation and activation is ok, but when I bind it, I acknowledge this error. Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed that in “ini of PYLIB” it is empty without characters.

I get the same error message as uruburei.
Could you maybe fix this? :slight_smile:
This is a great addon if you have to make changes on the highpoly and the lowpoly follows.

I don’t know why this error is happen,sinece I have no this error. however I have disable this line of code,and reupload it.

i dont know if i do something wrong but it doesn’t do anything unfortunately.
there is no shape key created and if i deform the master the slave won#t follow

if you have binded one object to the master object,change the shape of master,and then select the slave object,click the update button 。

ahhh, thanks :slight_smile:
it works great now!
if only i found this 2 days earlier i would have saved some time adjusting the low by hand :smiley:

This works cool now.
Thank you imdjs

Thank you imdjs!
Very nice addon!

Globle? Global?

----update 20170225-----
add a feature of vertex weight maps projection.
that means you bind a mesh you alse bind all the vertex weight maps to the master mesh. when you update the weight maps master mesh, the slave mesh will follow.(note:this weight maps binding algorithm is accurate mesh surface binding not the building auto weight binding,you even don’t need to modifer the weight maps again)
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy311/imdjs/addons/meshdef_cmp.jpg
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy311/imdjs/addons/meshdeform%20wei.gif

Hi!

I’m still learning Blender. I’ve rigged a character with Rigify and using the MeshDeform modifier to control the padding, Knees, chest and etc. Even throw everything seems to be working, I noticed that the mesh gets crazy when I rotate the rig around. Not sure how to fix this.

Anyone knows what could be causing this?

Thanks!
Best Regards;
David

Hi DfBlem1,

This thread is not about the mesh deform modifier. This thread is about a unique addon by author IMDJS with the same name of Mesh Deform, but IMDJS’ addon uses a different method.

In regards to your project, did you try parenting the Mesh Deform mesh object to your Rigify rig?

If you’d like you can add me on skype @ emboo0926, and I’ll try to help if I can.

Hey Emboo2,

Hope all is well. Sorry for posting on the wrong thread.

I have it rigged with weights (Vertex groups), everything is deforming correctly, it is just when rotating the rig… things goes nuts, lol.

Thanks!
Best Regards;
David