Point Cloud Visualizer
blender 2.80 update:
Display colored point cloud PLY in Blender’s 3d viewport. Works with binary point cloud PLY files with ‘x, y, z, red, green, blue’ vertex values. All other values are ignored. Color values must be in 0-255 range.
- Usage: Install and activate addon in a usual way. Add any object to scene. Go to 3d View Sidebar (N) > ‘Point Cloud Visualizer’ panel, click file browser icon, select ply file, click ‘Load PLY’. Click ‘Draw’ button to display point cloud, ‘Erase’ to hide point cloud. Adjust percentage of displayed points with ‘Display’ and point size with ‘Radius’.
- Transforming parent object transforms point cloud as well.
- Huge speed improvements compared to 2.7x version.
- 0.4.5 added ‘Display’ percentage, better error handling during .ply loading
- 0.4.0 almost complete rewrite for blender 2.80, performance improvements using shaders, simplified ui
for blender 2.7x
Display colored point cloud PLY in Blender’s 3d viewport. Works with binary point cloud PLY files with ‘x, y, z, red, green, blue’ vertex values. All other values are ignored. Color values must be in 0-255 range (8 bit).
- Add an Empty object
- Load and display point cloud at Properties (N) panel with Empty selected
- Available controls: auto loading of selected ply file, pixel point drawing or OpenGL smooth point, drawing enable/disable, percentage of displayed points and reset button which resets all (except autoload option)
- Transforming Empty transforms point cloud as well
- Works reasonably fast with 4m points on my machine, 2 years old, not top of the line
update: added display percentage
- 0.3.0 new ply loader, can be used with any binary ply file with vertex coordinates and colors
- 0.2.0 display percentage
- 0.1.0 first release