I’ve tried on several versions Blender (2.62, 2.63, 2.67, 2.68, 2.70, 2.74, 2.75, 2.76).
When I install an addon from a file, nothing happens. Normally, I would guess that the addon isn’t compatible with that version of Blender, but even after I’ve checked to make sure it is, I often get the same thing.
I don’t get a “UTF-8” error, or anything else. Just nothing shows up, even when I search through Disabled Addons, or All install addons.
There are a lot of great scripts and addons I’d like to use, but I can only install a few.
I’ve searched quite a few times online and the forums, but I can’t find an answer. If anyone has any search tips for the web or BA forums, I’m sure I’m missing something.
Thank you in advance if you have opportunity to respond!
P.S. This seemed the most appropriate location for this thread, but I wasn’t sure. Please mention if it should be listed in a different section of the forums. Thanks.