Advanced View Control Help

From Orthogonal view (eg. hitting 1 on the numpad) I want my view in Blender (not the camera) to change the position in terms of location and rotation so that it rotates both along a fixed radius and adjusts its own rotation to follow that as if it was walking on the surface of a barrel.

Each step in changing the view should be equal so that it arrives back at its initial location after say 64 steps.

The picture attached is just for concept illustration, where the camera stands for each of my instances of view in blender and how I want to change it by step. The blue arrows indicating the direction of the view.

Blender Preferences-> Navigation → Orbit & Pan → Rotation Angle
When starting to rotate blender switches into perspective view and and has to hit Numpad 5 once. If not deselected → Auto: Perspective.

1 Like

Use the following on the Num Pad…Set your initial view, make sure it is Orthographic View ( Numpadf +5)…

Use the Numpad 4 or 5 ( 4=15 degrees Left, 5= Right)
Same for using 8 and 2 … (8 is 15 degrees UP, and 2 is down)

A single push will give you 1 frame of movement, holding down will be continuous…

You already know 1,3.7 ( Front straight on, Side straight on, top straight down) add Ctrl to any of these and get the reverse…or use the 9 key for the opposite. Change the rotation Value in the Preferences > Orbit & Pan > Rotation Angle

1 Like

Changing the rotation angle in orbit & pan and then locking the view (under view tab) to an object in the center of my piece did the trick.